SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 7, 2016 at 4:14 AM Post #1,156 of 45,723
and i reply it before that your data showing clearly that EU/USA are still biggest market, and outside EU/USA does not mean Asia - this is from your data -. Check it again...... it is maybe a fastest growing market and have a more interest in the new line of DAPs but still it is not the biggest market yet...

And you don't consider iPod as a DAP? PONO? Who is the biggest DAP producer in the world? 

All the walkman producers were Asian as well, did not make Asia as the biggest market.... 

Sep 7, 2016 at 5:12 AM Post #1,158 of 45,723
Thanks I will do that next time

You can also ...

Well 465 grams is just over a pound so pretty darn heavy.  I guess you could also use it to do arm curls when you work out.  Hey Sony might have something here dumbbells that also play music pretty cool. :D  

... quote several posts together by using the "Multi" button, so you don't have to make four posts of yours in a row. :wink:

My apologies, I think I referred to you as her a few times in the A10 series forum but I don't remember getting corrected.  Not sure where I got that idea, maybe because you seem pretty smart and we all know women are smarter than men.  At least that is what my wife keeps telling me. :D

Well, in that case, call me Stephanie!

Sep 7, 2016 at 6:43 AM Post #1,159 of 45,723
Ok, again, Sony is a large company. So to play against the law or risk doing so would be stupid. Other companies are shrimps in sizes for comparison. It is an ancient saying "better safe than sorry"

You want non-capped ? Buy Japan version or international versions. Sony was not shy about disclosing this, and their engineering team even advised buying the International version instead.

Again, the 1Z and 1A are confirmed to be CAPPED for Europe

Sep 7, 2016 at 6:45 AM Post #1,160 of 45,723
Ok, again, Sony is a large company. So to play against the law or risk doing so would be stupid. Other companies are shrimps in sizes for comparison. It is an ancient saying "better safe than sorry"

You want non-capped ? Buy Japan version or international versions. Sony was not shy about disclosing this, and their engineering team even advised buying the International version instead.

my plan = get a used non-EU 1A bought from here next spring/summer at a good, typical head-fi fs price  
tongue.gif

Sep 7, 2016 at 6:50 AM Post #1,161 of 45,723
The early report of the headphone is not so positive but the report for the flagship consistently been positive and nothing has been mentioned of the A1. In most places A1 trial is not possible. 

I just hope the sonic chances arent software related, in most cases it can be and no one of us can ever know. 

Sep 7, 2016 at 6:55 AM Post #1,162 of 45,723
The early report of the headphone is not so positive but the report for the flagship consistently been positive and nothing has been mentioned of the A1. In most places A1 trial is not possible. 

I just hope the sonic chances arent software related, in most cases it can be and no one of us can ever know. 

Dude, Sony doesn't sell A1 steak sauce :D. The 1A sound substantially different than 1Z.
Sony is not AK, the sound differences comes from better internal. For example, all capacitors are FT capacitors which were developed by Sony since 3-4 years ago and 1A only has 50% Ft-Caps, the rest is OS-Cap

Sep 7, 2016 at 7:19 AM Post #1,163 of 45,723

In which case they probably will not drive anything any better than ZX2 and all the new power will be wasted

Sep 7, 2016 at 7:32 AM Post #1,165 of 45,723

I am very tempted by the WM1Z as I said but hesitant as it did sound a bit warm overall. Today I went to a couple of shops in Shanghai, none had it of course, but trying the Ak380 again, is does seem to be more sparkly in the highs. I am now wondering which to get...because the WM1Z is more powerful with deeper bass and more engaging overall. The guy at one of the shops who had tried both preferred the Ak380 as he found the bass on the WM1Z slightly too present. Of course he had the Ak380 to sell so...

Sep 7, 2016 at 7:49 AM Post #1,166 of 45,723
I am very tempted by the WM1Z as I said but hesitant as it did sound a bit warm overall. Today I went to a couple of shops in Shanghai, none had it of course, but trying the Ak380 again, is does seem to be more sparkly in the highs. I am now wondering which to get...because the WM1Z is more powerful with deeper bass and more engaging overall. The guy at one of the shops who had tried both preferred the Ak380 as he found the bass on the WM1Z slightly too present. Of course he had the Ak380 to sell so...

I personally disliked the AK380, the sound wasnt for me. I am in the belief that if there was any progress to be made in portable audio it is to be made by taking a new approach. The same silicon chip will almost always sound the same in portable devices, no matter how well it is implemented. 
Sony appears to have been taking the different approach for along time, their DSEE HX seems to be that new approach. 

Sep 7, 2016 at 7:49 AM Post #1,167 of 45,723

- so to compensate for the fact that Android draws too much power, they lowered the headphone output

How do you know that is true? Did Sony publically disclose this information or is this just speculation? And no I didn't miss the fact that the ZX2 was woefully underpowered, I made that point many times in the ZX2 thread which I'm sure annoyed all the ZX2 owners there. That was the reason, the only reason I might add, that I never bought the ZX2 despite literally having it in a shopping cart on a few occasions.

Sep 7, 2016 at 8:45 AM Post #1,169 of 45,723
Has it be officially confirmed that the models sold in Europe will have the volume limiter?
We don't want that do we?

I do not think it has been officially confirmed, but it is a very reasonable assumption, since all of Sony's DAPs for the EU have had the cap for ages. This was so even well before the current EU directive, back when only a few EU countries (or only one - France, I think?) had such laws in place. The old NW-HD1 had it. Minidisc-devices had it in their later years. It would be highly unusual if these new DAPs did not have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back