SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 6, 2017 at 7:58 PM Post #13,307 of 45,723
Anyone have the 1A and isine20? Just wondering how they sound together? I have the isine20 and am really intrigued by the 1A and 1Z.

I’ve tried all Audeze has to offer with the 1A, phenomenal is about the only way to describe it and that’s not even using balanced.

Aug 6, 2017 at 8:20 PM Post #13,310 of 45,723
This is what I was hoping to hear/read! Im hoping to wait tell one of my DAPs crap out to buy a new one but I cant stop thinking of this.

I am having trouble deciding because I have no way of hearing one of the two but I was looking at the Zeus-XR Adel (which I can’t try out) and the Audeze LCD i4 (which I have listened to). I want some amazing IEM’s that are pretty much an undisputed reigning top 1 or 2 of IEM’s because I don’t plan on buying another.

Aug 6, 2017 at 8:25 PM Post #13,311 of 45,723
I am having trouble deciding because I have no way of hearing one of the two but I was looking at the Zeus-XR Adel (which I can’t try out) and the Audeze LCD i4 (which I have listened to). I want some amazing IEM’s that are pretty much an undisputed reigning top 1 or 2 of IEM’s because I don’t plan on buying another.
If money is no issue I would personally go with the i4. Everyone's perception has been glowing! I can not get enough of my isine20, I have been neglecting my other gear lately.

Aug 6, 2017 at 8:37 PM Post #13,312 of 45,723
If money is no issue I would personally go with the i4. Everyone's perception has been glowing! I can not get enough of my isine20, I have been neglecting my other gear lately.

Yeah they are amazing I was more curious if I was missing out anything with a different manufacturer.

Aug 6, 2017 at 8:52 PM Post #13,313 of 45,723
Yeah they are amazing I was more curious if I was missing out anything with a different manufacturer.
I absolutely love planar bass which was a main reason for the isine20, but i do have CIEMs that ive had for a few years now that sound great with everything. You'll have to make a big decision as I will. There is a guy on here who is selling his 1A which is taking all my will power to not buy it and my I can also hear what my wife would say to, "why do you need another DAP"!

Aug 6, 2017 at 8:59 PM Post #13,314 of 45,723
I absolutely love planar bass which was a main reason for the isine20, but i do have CIEMs that ive had for a few years now that sound great with everything. You'll have to make a big decision as I will. There is a guy on here who is selling his 1A which is taking all my will power to not buy it and my I can also hear what my wife would say to, "why do you need another DAP"!

I listened to many DAP’s before I got the 1A. Tried AK70,380,240, PGold, iBasso, Opus2, quite a few others, the only thing to my ears that came even remotely close and was better but twice the price was the LPGold. AK380- I don’t get all the hype, it left me unimpressed thb. Sony really did a solid job this time around.

Aug 6, 2017 at 9:07 PM Post #13,315 of 45,723
I listened to many DAP’s before I got the 1A. Tried AK70,380,240, PGold, iBasso, Opus2, quite a few others, the only thing to my ears that came even remotely close and was better but twice the price was the LPGold. AK380- I don’t get all the hype, it left me unimpressed thb. Sony really did a solid job this time around.

I have Lotoo Paw Gold Diana, Questyle QP1R, and Sony NW-WM1A. I love all of them. I will keep them all.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2017 at 2:58 AM Post #13,316 of 45,723
Anyone have the 1A and isine20? Just wondering how they sound together? I have the isine20 and am really intrigued by the 1A and 1Z.
They sound excellent together out of balanced. With the EQ posted on the iSine 20 thread I prefer them from the WM1A to the Cipher cable.

The iSine 20 sound better to me than the LCD-i4 out of the WM1A and WM1Z. The LCD-i4 really benefit from a desktop amp.

Having said that I'm still not convinced that the LCD-i4 I had were 100% right because it was hard to detect much difference to the iSine 20 even out of my TA-ZH1ES. Overall I preferred the iSine 20 as the LCD-i4 were a bit fatiguing.

Aug 7, 2017 at 8:09 AM Post #13,317 of 45,723

Yeah I've got both and just did some listening two days ago (stereo jack). While they do sound pretty good TBH I was expecting more. To me somehow the 1A didn't sound that much better with the iSine20 vs pairing it with my HTC 10 + Jitterbug + DragonFly Red.

I'm currently enjoying the 1A alternating between the Dream and the U18. Both are much more to my liking vs the iSine 20 :)

Aug 7, 2017 at 8:15 AM Post #13,318 of 45,723

They're both TOTL, which is "better" depends on your use case and preferred sound signature imo. I imagine the LCD i4's will be like the iSine 20 and be not very isolating, which I feel will restrict enjoyment of the IEMs to only the quietest places. I find even the noise from walking around the house distracting when I'm listening to my iSine 20's...

I suggest you read flinkenick's 2017 IEM Flagship Shootout if you're not already to pick a reigning top 1 or 2 of IEM's (for 2017 at least).

Aug 7, 2017 at 9:34 AM Post #13,319 of 45,723
They're both TOTL, which is "better" depends on your use case and preferred sound signature imo. I imagine the LCD i4's will be like the iSine 20 and be not very isolating, which I feel will restrict enjoyment of the IEMs to only the quietest places. I find even the noise from walking around the house distracting when I'm listening to my iSine 20's...

I suggest you read flinkenick's 2017 IEM Flagship Shootout if you're not already to pick a reigning top 1 or 2 of IEM's (for 2017 at least).

Thank you for the info.

Aug 7, 2017 at 11:42 AM Post #13,320 of 45,723
Hey folks I have some flac albums I bought a while ago (last year), the problem is they made a terrible job at the mastering process and the result is that the frequency above 15 kHz are all shaved (I ripped the CDs to FLAC) and they have some but not that bad metallic artifacts at times.

I tried DSEE yesterday on those 4 CD and they some how sound a bit better, though some tracks sound weirder than with no DSEE applied to them. What other combo of DSP. Can I apply to these affected CD to fix the problem?

It is not the first time I got CD from brilliant classics with such bad mastering, a telemann set also 3 CD of 5 had this shaving above 15 kHz.

To be precise I want to smooth the birdies, metallic clapping and ringing effects,, on this Handel harpsichord music 4 albums out of 8

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back