1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Jul 30, 2016.
First

Back
852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861
863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872
Next

Last
  1. Acemcl
    What headphones are you listening with? I never get past 65 on any that i've tried so far

2. nanaholic
    20161106_135945718_iOS.jpg

Speaking of nostalgic 90s anime songs :darthsmile:

I don't even use high gain for my Z1R and my volume is usually at 70-72.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    Quadfather likes this.
  3. PCheung
    田村直美 will be at ANISON DREAM STAGE 2017, going? :L3000:
    (I will not though :face_palm:)

I set the volume at 80-90 in SE for my Z1R :disappointed_relieved:

4. nanaholic
    No plans to go at the moment, still waiting to see their full line up. :wink:

That should be expected, since the SE is only about 1/4 the power of the balance output.

Though this also makes me think whether the volume steps are actually linear.... but experience leads me to believe it's probably more logarithmic?

5. gerelmx1986
    My mdr-z7 listening is normal gain 64-70 xba-z5 between 44-52

6. larzy
    I'm listening with the Z1R's in balanced mode. And will test with the Sennheiser HD700 that I just received today - just need an adaptor for the 3.5 mm.

I haven't tried without the high-grain as I thought the whole volume cap issue only applied to the high-grain setting. That enabling this would increase the volume.

Anyway, I'm aware you have to take care of your ears - some headphones just requires some more power and volume.

7. rhull1973
    I purchased a used WM1A from amazon warehouse deals. The item arrived with serious cosmetic damage to the lower right corner. The metal case has large dents in it. The item appears to work fine, but I'm concerned what happened to it to cause such damage. Amazon offered me a discount that would make my total cost $700. For this price I'm tempted to keep it. Resale value would be greatly affected. Any thoughts? Is it a good deal for $700?

8. kms108
    There is no way it can get damage in the box, seems like a secondhand unit, a returned one sold as new, with something this expensive, i'll return it, with a slight defect, it will start rings in your head, rather than put up with that, return it whiles you can.

Quadfather likes this.
  9. rhull1973
    It was a returned item to Amazon. It listed minor cosmetic damage, but I wouldn't call this minor.

10. nc8000 Contributor
    Amazon warehouse deals are always open box/returns and are described as such stating the kinds of defects the items have, hence the reduced price. I have bought all my Signature series components as warehouse deals from Amazon UK. My 1Z has a number of minor scratches to the gold finish and the box for my amp was seriously mauled. On the other hand I've saved round a thousend pounds by going this way

11. rhull1973
    I didn't expect the item to be perfect, but I didn't expect the side to be so damaged. I'm more concerned how it happened and if anything else was damaged in the process. I think I'm going to keep it and splurge on a Dignis case so I don't see the damage.

12. Quadfather
    I cannot abide with cosmetic damage. You could get an unblemished, used one for $900 to $950. I would get a new unit. Was the box crunched? People on head-fi.org sell perfect equipment, which doesn't fit their sound signature preferences all the time.

kms108 likes this.
  13. Whitigir
    Cosmetic damage is ok to me if the pricing and other factors are acceptable :)

Quadfather likes this.
  14. Quadfather
    I wish it was acceptable for me. Every dap I own is in a Pelican case and a leather carrying case as well

15. Whitigir
    You know ? My weakness is the cables quality...and the plugs ....LoL.....no jokes. I can't deal with bad cables...so I just keep on moving and while I can make it myself, I spent a whole lot of money into experiencing them myself. It is very fruitful though

All of these big guys are pure solid silver with pure OCC Plugs....hell even the inter connect inside my amps are all Solid silver :D...none of them are your common cables...not at all :D
    IMG_1664.JPG IMG_1665.JPG

First

Back
852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861
863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872
Next

Last