1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Jul 30, 2016.
First

Back
830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839
841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850
Next

Last
  1. blazinblazin
    Woo. White Album 2 soundtrack. Nice. I have that also.

Laoconte likes this.
  2. Xamdou
    Aye. I have both the hi-res and dsd. Got both of them from mora :beyersmile:

3. blazinblazin
    I only can use OTOTOY. Region problem.

4. PCheung
    Some say the Android app is region free

Although I prefer VPN

5. kms108
    Not all apps are region free, many apps available in japan are not available elsewhere, that includes OTOTOY and Mora, but the use of VPN allows you to download and use them, but payment method is a problem for most, as international CC are not accepted and convenience store prepaid cards aren't available out of Japan, but cards like Mora can be freely purchased in Hong Kong and online.

I've been using Mora for many years in Hong Kong, but there are other sites that you can download for files for free and the actual source are from OTOTOY and mora.

6. kms108
    Go for whats best and convenience for you.:ksc75smile:, but you won't be disaapointed with Benks, they have always produced good quality product.

7. Xamdou
    I uses a VPN for all my mora purchases and my local credit card doesn't seems to be a problem. Seems like they allow any purchases as long as the IP Address is from Japan in my case.

8. kms108
    International CC doesn't work, i just purchase Mora pre paid cards.

9. PCheung
    Try Rakuten pay for check out, usually works
    I always have my payment done by Rakuten Pay without any problem.

Or get a JCB card if you can, usually works on sites don't accept international credit card (like PlayStation Japan)

and the mora apps won't check your IP as I recall, how to get the apps is another problem though.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  10. kms108
    Mora apps works without VPN once it's installed, but you need to have VPN for google play store to find it, most app that need VPN, I always make a apk file of the apps and have that stored in my onedrive incase I need to reinstall it.

11. ledzep
    Getting itchy ears again , want to sample some planar on 4.4mm. Tried ZMF already don't want to bust open the kids piggy bank so no $2000 recommendations.
    Was thinking oppo, aeon etc and closed back ( wife doesn't like hearing a whole lotta Rosie as much as me )

12. kubig123
    I have the LCD-XC, they are quite heavy but they merry very well with the WM1Z.

You can find them used around $1.2k

13. JML
    Good to see how it fits in the 320. For those who don't want to do any Dremel-based surgery on the 310, that looks like a good, but slightly larger, choice. I'm pretty impressed with the quality of the smaller Nano 310.

Does the player fit without banging around? Does the rubber net leave any room between it and the cover for other stuff, or is it pretty much a tight fit?

14. Xamdou
    The player do bounce around although it will usually land on one of the rubber corners which will absorb the impact and sound. There is a decent amount of space left even after me putting a couple of micro fiber clothes underneath. I do say about 3 mm or so?

15. artears
    The thread is huge, so I couldn't read each and every page and sorry if this has been asked before, but I have a few questions:

1. I own Lotoo Paw Gold (LPG) and Hugo. I had the chance of comparing them while using Z1R as headphones. Considering Z1R will be the main headphones, how does LPG's SE output compare with WM1A's balanced output?
    2. Again, how does Hugo's output compare with WM1A's balanced output when paired with Z1R?
    3. Also, can a Sony Walkman micro usb adapter be used (WMP-NWM10 BM) to connect WM1A to Hugo without any problems when paired with a micro-usb-to-micro-usb cable?

I am considering getting a WM1A, if its balanced output is better than LPG. It will be a nice portable solution and a perfect DSD transport at the same time.

I would appreciate your valuable comments...

First

Back
830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839
841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850
Next

Last