1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Jul 30, 2016.
  1. Lookout57
    I prefer the ALO Gold 16 with the Solaris and the SXC 8 with either the OG or SE Andromeda.

auronthas likes this.
  2. bana
    Meomap, thanks for this, now you have me thinking!!!
    Just upgraded to a Cary Audio SLI-80 Integrated, and would prefer using a Dac, like your System 5.
    I may indeed go with the Dock.

3. HoodedHoodlum
    Thanks! It's a fantastic case for sure!

4. HoodedHoodlum
    If there's one minor con I can mention about the WM1A, it's the background noise with sensitive IEMs. It's not loud of course, but it is there, noticable in quiet song sections, or when nothing is playing. As a comparison, my Cowon Plenue 1 is absolutely silent no matter which IEMs I use.

Colors likes this.
  5. Vitaly2017
    So did anyone have a small comparison yet between zx507 and wm1a or 1z?

6. Colors
    Yep, light hissing with my Andros with no music on. With music on, it’s unnoticeable.

7. ltanasom
    I don't notice any hiss with my andro with wm1a

8. Damz87
    My Andro's hiss with the WM1Z

Aslshark likes this.
  9. aceedburn
    Yes therefore I won’t be getting the dock as it only serves as a charging stand and won’t fit my DAC cable. Thanks again.

10. aceedburn
    I don’t get any hiss using the 1A with my Z5. In fact it’s a match made in heaven for me. It just sounds so bloody good together. And that powerful sub impact never gets in the way of mids or anything. Perfect for me.

Damz87 likes this.
  11. miguel.yarce
    Hi all!

Does anybody have used the wmc-nwh10 cable to transmit DSD to an external dac? Is this possible or convert to pcm?

I am planning to buy one and use it with an SMSL SU-8.

Regards!!

12. aceedburn
    CECF5E0F-2097-47F5-9178-DD6AAC86CA87.jpeg 0B5EFF50-EE4E-4159-B4AD-BA949064EBBF.jpeg 0B5EFF50-EE4E-4159-B4AD-BA949064EBBF.jpeg CECF5E0F-2097-47F5-9178-DD6AAC86CA87.jpeg CECF5E0F-2097-47F5-9178-DD6AAC86CA87.jpeg 0B5EFF50-EE4E-4159-B4AD-BA949064EBBF.jpeg
    I am using the NWH10 to transmit full DSD256 to my FiiO K5 Pro. The cable works beautifully and sounds awesome. Attached pic.

miguel.yarce likes this.
  13. sne4me
    yes it does dsd, i run it to a sony TA amp

miguel.yarce and Redcarmoose like this.
  14. Redcarmoose
    https://headfonics.com/2018/02/noble-audio-django-review/

In the Noble Audio Django review “Headfonics” uses that IEM as an actual testing device (out of their collection of 80 IEMs) to discover how much hiss a DAP may have. So it must be the total most sensitive!

15. Redcarmoose
    Oh? So instead of the dock or the supplied mini-usb connector you hook your Walkman to the TA with a USB cable? Wow. I never thought of that?

Err....or if I did I forgot that would work?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019