1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Jul 30, 2016.
  1. AMHaudio
    I also wanted to buy 1TB. But I am not sure it will work in 1Z or not. Could you confirm that? Thanks..

2. nc8000 Contributor
    It works fine. I have 2, for A45 and 1Z

AMHaudio likes this.
  3. ltanasom
    Is it the real one? I am thinking of buying one but am worried about the fake one.

4. Stephen George
    i bought during july cyber sale from same vendor for $60 more...it should also come with the card reader even though it says it doesn't and yes legit

5. ltanasom
    Thank you for your reply. I am asking you since I am in Southeast Asia. I will need to pay additional fee for taxes and duties and if there is a problem, it might be difficult for me to claim (just my thinking since I am simply new to Amazon as well).

6. purk Contributor
    Just be sure to take some pics of the microSD cards before opening the package. I recently bought one during the $299 Amazon sales and they sent me a faked 8GB card in a 1TB package. I opened the package and inserted the card without looking at the actual card first and it didn’t even show up on my computer. I removed the card and realized that it was not a 1TB card but a fake. Seriously crazy! The problem is that Sandisk don’t even make an 8GB microSD card anymore and someone placed the fake card in there. The Extreme Pro version starts at 32GB and not 8GB. Here’s the picture. So be very careful. And this isn’t from a third party either. I got the money back from amazon but am worried about getting a back charge on this once they have inspected the package and see an 8GB card in a 1TB package. My only defense is one can’t even buy the 8 GB Extreme pro to begin with.

5D9F25CC-EEB1-4C7E-A0EE-C239A95231E8.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
  7. ltanasom
    Thank you for the advice. Wow. I start to worry now since I will have to pay US$245.87 including pre-calculated taxes and duties to my country.

8. Stephen George
    for sure, good idea, had the same issue with samsung 512s on ebay...the silk screening on the front and even the serials were so obviously fake..using paypal though, just a hassle but 100% return guarantee, the seller even told it was my hardware that wasn't working and when i tried to report these fake cards, ebay does NOTHING, can't imagine how many frustrated buyers, there's literally a deluge of fakes

couple of facts though ..only sandisk has a 1tb you can buy right now, other companies have it at this price too, best buy, adorama and B&H so it is legit and act fast as this is the lowest you will see

make sure (for the guy in asia), examine the ad, you have the return guarantee/refund via CC and amazon, not 6 months ago these were $350 and hard to find

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
  9. ltanasom
    Thank for your advice. I took a chance and already ordered one for my sony wm1a.
    Hope it is legit and works great.

10. AMHaudio
    Thanks a lot. I have already ordered one..

11. Colors
    On 3.01 (what I bought it at) and it sounds beautiful. Musical as you mentioned.

Btw Andromedas + WM1A 3.5mm sound really good. Both my OG and AG. That’s what led me to purchase the 1A upon demo. Massive soundstage, solid imaging, very clear treble and warm vocals. Very musical and easy to listen to. Can really get lost in the music. 4.4mm is even better too. Just waiting for my cables to arrive. More resolution. But ya, really enjoy this combo and don’t myself parting with either anytime soon *knock on wood

proedros likes this.
  12. Ameerzs
    deleted

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
    Colors likes this.
  13. proedros
    i have also stayed with 3.01 since it also has the USB/DAC option , which is a game changer imo - WM1A is now perfect for my needs , top quality without having to sell a kidney.

enjoy your wm1a , i have now clocked more than 3000 hours and i am still as happy with it as the first day

Quadfather, Colors, Damz87 and 3 others like this.
  14. gerelmx1986
    Hope sony releases another WM series next year, with two Micro SD slots (1TB card ia not enough for all my music, yeah i want.to carry all my music with me)

15. Ameerzs
    Is there any improvement in sound quality when using 3.5 vs 4.4 on 1a to dual 3p XLR on my Aune S7 pro ?

using with 3.5 for now and and so far sound bloody good.