1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Jul 30, 2016.
  1. Maxx134
    This is very simple to explain it to your girlfriend... (At your own risk haha)

Throughout history, it is considered that the first, or the highest, is considered masculine in principle..

It has nothing to do with sex or anything politically correct or anything involving what we would now consider sexist or incorrect...

It is a universal principal even in languages itself.

Either there is a hierarchy, and order of things, or we have chaos.
    It just so happens to be this way..

Now to the dangerous and theological part:
    We should also be mindful who came out of who's rib, to be a compliment and partner, to who came first.(!)
    There was never an intention of equality, as is incorrectly pushed today, but instead, a unity of partnership which mutually benifits both.
    Hierarchy is everything in law and in order.

So to sum up, the 1Z is the grand papa only because thats the way it is..
    Ha
    :p

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
    Steen Pihl, spanky310 and nc8000 like this.
  2. DONTGIVEUP
    Not that it’s important, but shouldn’t the new software 3.02 be copyrighted @2019. It shows 2018 or maybe it was made a year ago and released this year.

Anyway, I must say the IER-Z1R gives life to the music on the 1Z. I just love how the lows and mids are well separated esp. with rock music where the drums don’t drown out the guitars. Can actually here the vibrations of the drums that I never heard in 30 years of listening in portable music.

Damz87 and Aslshark like this.
  3. nc8000 Contributor
    Hmmmm. Tonight my 1Z suddenly decided that flac is not a supported file format, dsd files play fine but any flac file no longer displays cover art and trying to ply them gives the message “Not a supported file format”. Tried to reboot and after 20 minutes of building database I get the message “sd card not recognized please format it”. All worked fine earlier today

4. Maxx134
    File corruption, fix card on a computer.

5. nc8000 Contributor
    Yes probably. Might just let the player format the card and copy the music over again

Vitaly2017 likes this.
  6. Vitaly2017
    Its a new hybrid :gs1000smile:
    Wm1z feed dmp :ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

7. Maxx134
    But what if the copied file is corrupt?
    Your just re-introducing a corrup file. Maybe just an image file...

I would scan the card for determine & detect the corrupt file...

8. nc8000 Contributor
    I have not copied files to the card for nearly 6 months and not turned the player off but suddenly no flac files could be played but dsd files played fine from the card but after reboot and 20 minutes building library the card is suddenly not recognised so it is clearly not just one currupt file.

Edit: I then tried to eject and reinsert the card and after about 10 minutes of building database all is back up and running and my flac files are now again a supported file format and the card is recognised

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
    Aslshark likes this.
  9. Vitaly2017

The sccard just got corrupted. If formatting doesn't solve your issues.
    With a proof of purchase you can exchange for free for a brand new sdcard from the manufacturer!

Most sdcards have 10 years limited warranty!

Happened to me once with sandisk and got a brand new card!

10. nc8000 Contributor
    Read my edit above, all is working again after ejecting and reinserting the card

11. Whitigir
    10 years from now we would be buying 256Tb. It would be interesting to see how they would replace a 256gb

12. Vitaly2017
    They just requested the broken 400 gb I had and sent me a brand new one!

13. Ameerzs
    hi its november 2019 already .. is there any fix for the audio lag on wm1a so annoyying to watch with video:triportsad:

14. spanky310

All valid points but I'm simply not that brave a person when it comes to my GF so yeah :)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!!!!

Maxx134 likes this.
  15. sne4me
    I just picked up the sandisk 1tb micro sdxc from amazon $199US.
    best price all year. its replacing my 400gb