1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Jul 30, 2016.
  1. bflat
    Catalina no longer supports 32-bit apps so I'm guessing that is the problem with the installer since you can manually bypass security. Some companies like Fiio don't even have an option for Mac OS.

2. Vitaly2017
    Another good reason to avoid apple what a joke. They think they control the world or what?

phonomat likes this.
  3. animalsrush
    I know about the 32 bit apps not supported on Catalina. But shouldn’t it not even load? In my case it loads but doesn’t update device with firmware. Since issue is happening on Mojave’ as well after security update I am assuming it is permission issue. Wm1z mounts and I can see on usb , I can move music, Sony software loads it just can’t update.. very frustrating.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
  4. animalsrush
    I agree they are becoming like Microsoft under Steve baller.. very restrictive. Time to switch I guess lot of my 32 bit apps just don’t work on Catalina which btw is just a cosmetic upgrade so my other machine stays on Mojave. But security patch now doesn’t allow some apps arrgh

5. animalsrush
    nice work around.. but too much work I think. Luckily my work computer was windows 10 and it allowed me to upgrade. But good option to have in back pocket . I am uploading my time machine copy on a usb stick..

6. animalsrush
    +1 MDR - Z1R

7. JML
    If the installer is 32-bit, it would not run at all under Catalina. What you're describing is what I have had happen all the time on my Mac, going back to Sierra. Try these two things: (1) shut down every non-operating-system application that you can via the Activity Monitor, and then run the installer (which worked for me); or if that doesn't work then option (2) is to boot into Safe Mode, and then run the installer.

To get into Safe Mode,
    1. Press and hold down the Power key to shut down your computer.
    2. Restart the Mac, but hold down Shift while it's booting up. You will see the Apple logo on a grayish background with a progress bar. After you entered the Safe mode, run the installer again.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
  8. Redcarmoose
    E4F516BB-4F92-4B4C-B9C7-082FC9D091DD.jpeg

Maxx134 and miguel.yarce like this.
  9. Maxx134
    The absolute best match I have heard so far, with the sony are the Focal Utopia and Denon 9200...
    IMG_20191018_194123.jpg
    Plenty of power with them.
    :)

Aslshark and janolisboa like this.
  10. LeFaucon
    Please try via Sony Music Center (or don’t remember the right name ?) : it should works...?

11. gerelmx1986
    Sony Music center is WINDOWS ONLY, He is talking about Mac OS X

12. LeFaucon
    Ah OK so... I’m sorry

13. gerelmx1986
    remember bro, apple and macs are for Pussies

Vitaly2017 likes this.
  14. janolisboa
    Thanks for the reply. How do the Denons compare to the Focals given they much cheaper? My problem is the Se846 and the Kimber Cable is that I find it a bit too warm and lacks some enthusiasm in the articulation. The player is already on the warm side too. I know I'm comparing IEMs with Headphones but I'm sure you get the picture.

15. Viszla
    In Germany are no pussies!!!!!

animalsrush likes this.