1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Jul 30, 2016.
  1. Jalo
    It will be awesome and welcome by all 1Z/1A users if only Sony can just set up all the FW versions in a menu so we can just choose the sound we like without having to install and uninstall each setting. It is almost like having six best daps in one.

2. LegionWolf
    I love hearing this!
    I have sony ier-zi1
    Legend x should be here soon

Wish I could get layla aion in 4.4 balanced.. it has new cable and haven't heard great things with 2.5 to 4.4 converters ( taking recommendations! )

3. fiascogarcia
    Effect Audio Pentaconn 2.5 to 4.4 adapter worked really well for me. Didn't hear any degradation in SQ. IMO

Erfan Elahi likes this.
  4. gerelmx1986
    that have i tought, sony must implement filters like slow, fast rolloff and so on. These are today implemented but are only for DSD in non-native form playback

5. endlesswaves
    Tried quite sometime ago while using JVC FW01. Not a good match and drained battery too fast to justify any improvement if any. Might try again if I ever go back FW 3.02. Currently enjoying FW 1.2. Got my WM1A with default FW2.0 so FW 1.2 is new to me. To me, FW 1.2 is the kind of signature I've been looking for to match with the "Chillout" tracks I mostly listened to now. My way to decompress after work.

6. brainchill
    I bought the official folding Sony leather case and would not do it again I would avoid it just because the silly way it folds is inconvenient .... the one I settled on and really like is the fat bear wm1a case from amazon .... it’s not too bulky but seems like it will offer an basic otter box commuter like drop protection.
    2EE37838-D215-4665-B41A-D3D181BAC6FE.jpeg

lesale08 and Erfan Elahi like this.
  7. LinstantX
    If you want a beautiful and reliable case, then as for me, there is nothing better than Dignis.

fiascogarcia likes this.
  8. pond44
    Ah! Em, tell me, the Kimber cable, did it make a noticeable change at all. Is it recommended?
    While you are there, how does the Stella compare to the 1Zr.

9. animalsrush
    Not sure if it happens to any one of the wm1z owners..but my Sony wm1z gets flagged nearly 70-80% of the time at airport security ..even though I put it in a tray and open the pelican case which I use to transport it. They are baffled it is a music player. Latest one at heathrow T5 the security person said it has too much metal for its size hence was flagged.. don’t I know it.. TSA flagged because it glows like Christmas light on scanner because of the gold finish and they want to double check.. but all I can say it is a conversation piece built like a tank but sounds sooooooo amazing

PC

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
  10. animalsrush
    I like the case it came in and use a pelican case to transport it

11. Erfan Elahi
    How convenient is it to press the buttons from your pant pockets? I prefer the default leather case as silicon case makes it too hard to press the buttons over any cloth.
    Good thinking. But it's working fine so far. Just sounded weird all the songs that that day, but later after 2 hours it sounded normal again. Appreciation goes to Sony's incredible built :wink:

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
  12. brainchill
    the buttons are convenient enough but it folds down instead of up so you can’t see the screen in any convenient timing

Erfan Elahi likes this.
  13. Lookout57
    I've haven't had any issues with my 1Z going thru TSA, but I am Pre-Check.

14. endlesswaves
    My Dignis Sony Walkman case is so dirty looking now I practically hide them in my messenger bag when out and about.

15. gerelmx1986
    in mexico and Dallas forth worth , i did not xperience any issues with my wm1A and i am not pre-check