1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Jul 30, 2016.
  1. DONTGIVEUP
    if it were not for the battery I would say that 1Z and other walkmans that use Sony UI will outlive android walkmans as they need constant updating.

Heck, even the older Sony walkmans of 2000s sell pretty well on eBay considering they retailed for $200-$300 back then.

2. animalsrush
    No. I have done it atleast 5 times now. Factory reset does. I just downgraded to 1.2 from 3.01 and my hrs remain. The only thing you lose when you downgrade to 1.2 are your bookmarks. That doesn’t happen from 3.02 to 3.01 or 2

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
    auronthas and proedros like this.
  3. RobertP
    Can I just I'm falling in love? Now that my 1A is on Fw 1.2, I can literally feel what singers were try to express. Even music instruments could give me chills. Just close my eyes and forget about the world.

Sp12er3 likes this.
  4. Quadfather
    I love 1.2

animalsrush likes this.
  5. jaker782
    I must say all this 1.2 love makes me want to give it a shot! Has anyone noticed any changes to battery performance with the older (or newest) firmwares?

Sp12er3, Midnstorms and Quadfather like this.
  6. Quadfather
    I wish I could help but it's always been on 1.2

7. Midnstorms
    Can you confirm if its the same for SE?

8. Midnstorms
    me! read my posts please i can feel lots of diferences in sound and battery performance 2,0 battery was ok 3.01 battery drains faster with effects on!

9. chimney189
    Would the W1MZ be able to power an Abyss Diana by itself?

10. SBranson
    Just got the WM1A a couple days ago and I absolutely love this DAP.. The best sound I've heard.
    I haven't even explored any settings and I come here seeing that the old firmware is even better?

Anyway, just wondering if there is a consensus on which protective case is best or if there is one to avoid. I have the thin silicon one but was thinking of something a little sturdier, possibly with a screen cover. Is the Sony one any good? It looks a little annoying to use seeing as it flips down instead of to the side...

11. emrelights1973
    I have too many headphones and like to sell some

A year ago i ordered a mdrz1r and funny story it just arrived

meanwhile now I own a stellia as well

I will sell my sp1000 which is not getting any airtime

but I will never sell 1z

my question is should I keep 1zr - I can sell it because it is sealed box yet -

is there a magic between 1zr and 1z ?

or will I be happy with utopia/stellia paring

I bought the kimber cable as well for 1zr...

anybody compared stellia with 1zr using z1 walkman?

pond44, Erfan Elahi and Vitaly2017 like this.
  12. 518013
    Tried going back to the 1.02 and 1.2 firmware, but my 1A fails to build a library every single time.
    Can someone please help, maybe the firmware is corrupted??

13. kubig123
    Unfortunately no.
    I tried the Diana with the LPGT that has twice the power of the 1Z and it still sounded underpowered

14. gerelmx1986
    wow one year for them.to arrive
    That's slower than Mexican post
    Any waya.enkoy
    I love mine with wm1a

15. captblaze
    you need to open settings and go to device settings then reset/format and choose rebuild database

animalsrush and 518013 like this.