1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Jul 30, 2016.
  1. bflat
    If all Sony did was replace WM Port with USB C for the 40th anniversary, I would be thrilled.

AeroSatan and NickL33 like this.
  2. aminus
    Very interesting stuff. One wonders if Sony will embrace streaming with this or if it’s just for home server usage.
    Also interesting is that the updated models are both the lower end ones in the lineup. No Signature Series stuff. Perhaps not quite leaked yet or to be announced at a later date.

3. bvng3540
    You are wrong, He said never on Saturday and Sunday, that equate to 40 hours for 2 months, seem very doable

4. Leetransform25
    What about battery lost while in idle? 40 hours seems more reasonable but if that's the case than the 1Z must also have extremely good battery life while in Idle

5. nc8000 Contributor
    He probably turns it off. In idle mine is dead after a little over 2 weeks

Leetransform25 likes this.
  6. phonomat
    Hey, that's really nice of you, man. I'll write to Cobra anyway (my French ain't good enough to call them, so thanks for that), maybe we can work something out. I bought a Pioneer SE-Master1 from them a couple of years ago and they made me a really fair offer, so we'll see. I'll bring my WM1A anyway, maybe I can check out some other IEMs as well, because I really do need something for in the go. The DMP-1Z can wait. Or rather, I can wait until price comes down a bit further ...
    Take care, and enjoy life in Paris, it really is a wonderful city!

7. Jalo
    Which gear in the Sony Signature series can play DSD 512? may be Whitigir can chime in?

8. nc8000 Contributor
    Only DMP-Z1 as far as I know

9. gazzington
    I've heard that rha cl2 planar have good synergy with wm1a, what other iems also do?

10. Jalo
    But I thought the DMP uses the AKM 4497eq and I thought only the latest AKM 4499eq can do native 512.

11. nc8000 Contributor
    You are right, DSD11 and flac192 is max in which case no Sony can do 512 I don’t think

12. captblaze
  13. Jalo
    That is very interesting, I was looking into native DSD512 materials in the SP2000 thread in the NativeDSD.com website and it mentioned Sony Signature series as one of the company that is capable to play DSD512 materials. Do they know something that we don’t know? Is Sony making a dap that hasn’t been announced? See second paragraph below.

upload_2019-8-4_1-46-28.jpeg

14. nc8000 Contributor
    Interresting. As I wrote I thought that Z1 could do it but not according to spec and the 1Z can't so I don't know what they are referring to

15. aminus
    The TAZH1ES is capable of DSD512 and is, well, in the Sony Signature series.

Sp12er3 and Whitigir like this.