1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Jul 30, 2016.
  1. Shivas
    The exact reassurance I needed. Thank you so much! :)

2. Whitigir
    I am back into Sony Team :)
    006F565D-FE26-4F81-84E9-5BDCE5B55AE9.jpeg

Aslshark, proedros, Liono and 13 others like this.
  3. nc8000 Contributor
    So what mods are you planning to perform on it ?

proedros likes this.
  4. captblaze
    Nice!!!

In a few weeks time please answer my one and only question...

Did this product honestly meet your pre conceived expectation, yes or no?

5. Whitigir
    Do not know :) probably let it be for a while. Mods only come when something is bothering me. So far ...nothing yet
    Will keep everyone updated soon. But I am very happy with the DSD remastering engine. It even takes up SACD and remaster it into 11.2 or dsd256

I know for a fact that it charges up rather fast. I know Sony claims 4 hours to full charge and no quick charge. However, it was 0% out of the box, and I kept it on playing music with DSD remastering, and it still 0-75% in 90 minutes. That is amazing

Last edited: May 30, 2019
  6. ccschua
    does any find it a difference between bluetooth and cable connection to WM1A ?

if cable, what is the recommended one ?

7. nc8000 Contributor
    Balanced is better than single ended and both are clearly better than BT. LDAC over BT is quiet good but then an A45 will give exactly the same sq as a 1A or 1Z. In all cases the final result also depends on the headphone

8. Redcarmoose
    Your purchasing emotions paralleled girls I knew in high-school. First it was no.....then......no.......then no..........then wow.......then wow again, then yes.

AeroSatan, Ricky64, KuroKitsu and 5 others like this.
  9. Kitechaser
    That thing is beautiful.
    Audio heaven does exist :)

Whitigir likes this.
  10. gerelmx1986
    Did you maxed out your credit cards? :D

My IER-Z1R has left.me with literal 2000€ must find a job fast

11. gerelmx1986
    BTW i will perform the isolation test to the IER-Z1R with triple comfort tips size M, I made already remarks that they isolate quite good and that was done with the normal silicone tips.

Must take n a few.minutes the S-Bahn to Frankfurt and then a Tram to where.my job interview.will take place.
    Screenshot_20190531-100856_Meine ESWE.jpg

12. Whitigir
    :) I feel like that, except girls don’t do what I do....full home works on what I want to or may be purchasing. I heard DMP at NYC Canjam, and compared to DAVE....it haunted me since, and I just had to studied about DMP, why it is priced that way.

Sony though, they make me feel like a kid in the candy store when I listened to DMP . I always wanted a portable TA-ZH1ES with that DSD remastering engine

Last edited: May 31, 2019
    proedros likes this.
  13. echineko
    Quasimodosbelfry likes this.
  14. Whitigir
    Yes, those are good packs. But I don’t want to take DMP outside and working around the yard. Just want to be able to pick it up and walk around the house without dropping it accidentally.

Quasimodosbelfry likes this.
  15. echineko
    You already got the DMP, too late to cheap out now :)

Hyde8767 likes this.