1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Jul 30, 2016.
  1. SoLame
    :smile_phones: underneath of the sticker on my NW-WM1...

flip.jpg

jcdreamer, xjaynine and Redcarmoose like this.
  2. Redcarmoose
    Looked something like this under there?

1BDBD725-3800-4B40-9478-41DE5F45466C.jpeg

3. xjaynine
    Lmao, looks like I'll give it a shot when I receive my unit. Thanks for the hints!

Will report what I find in the gold mines.

Aslshark and Hyde8767 like this.
  4. Midnstorms
    this is weird there is a post here that shows how you can order a new baterry i would buy one assap...

Erfan Elahi likes this.
  5. Midnstorms
    so will my Ipad mini charger i assume A Retina iPad mini charger delivers 10 watts 5.1 volts at 2100 mA will be too much? will it burn wm1a? hurt it? thanks again lol

6. Redcarmoose
    z5 sony.jpg

WM-1Z.............to the........
    XBA-Z5.............with the.........
    MUC-M12SB1

Ryokan, flyer1 and Erfan Elahi like this.
  7. nc8000 Contributor
    Good combo, I’ve got the same

8. Redcarmoose
    Yes, well then you know how good the Kimber is with the XBA-Z5. I was actually surprised how well they matched. Just discovered it. Lol.

I’m probably most surprised how the cable brings so much forward, which seemed to be an issue for me with most cables and the Z5. Like they made the cable for the IEM almost?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  9. ayang02
    "Congratulations, you have just voided your warranty" in Korean

proedros, Hyde8767 and endlesswaves like this.
  10. flyer1
    My combo as well, very pleased with it!

What brand/type earbuds are you using?

Use the spiral dots myself but would like to try a smaller bore diameter after having tried many that didn't seal well..

11. nc8000 Contributor
    I’m using these

7C14AAAB-B4D9-43D3-A0C6-67C7690FF1EA.jpeg

Erfan Elahi and flyer1 like this.
  12. flyer1
    Got those but somehow the spiral dots sound/seal better for my ears. The wide bore diameter of the spiral dots might cause a bit of loss in the bass department so curious what others are using with our combo.

13. Redcarmoose
    8513A11B-383C-4165-9104-2CCD5693D6FF.jpeg

I have been the biggest fan of the Sony Triple Comforts but until about 3 months ago I switched back to Sony Hybrids, and now I use Sony Silicone Tips. The ones in the photograph are LL if you can believe that.

So they should be for sale separate soon, though mine came in this set with the IER-Z1R. I had bad luck with SpinFits and somehow bad luck with the Triple Comforts too? Strange because for the longest time I though the Triple Comforts were great? Note too the whole top row are new grey Triple Comforts. Lol.

I guess ears change. And as you know; the right tips are everything!

Aslshark and flyer1 like this.
  14. flyer1
    Would love to get my hands on a set of tips like that! Great amount in choice of tips to try out. Nothing like that on amazon etc. yet available though. Will keep checking!

15. Redcarmoose
    @https://www.head-fi.org/members/flyer1.123716/

I’m sure you have the original Sony Hybrid Tips (that came with the Z5?).In reality I could use those all the time for the air-tight fit. But...........the new Hybrid Silicone tips do something with the midrange. The old regular Hybrids are a tad darker in my use?

So that would be my only suggestion if someone wanted to seek out the 2019 silicone offerings. But take note, the difference is really slight.