SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 17, 2019 at 10:50 AM Post #27,572 of 45,723
Witch dac/amp is better as Sony WM1a? Price 1000-2000 $ for Desktop with HD800S? Any recommendation ?
Feedback from this thread point to Sony TA-ZH1ES Headphone Amplifier if you like 1A and more better.

Mar 17, 2019 at 4:37 PM Post #27,574 of 45,723
EDFB77E8-79EA-4777-AAD7-EBFCDC93A54E.jpeg
Pure bliss with my Yamaha EPH-200. These Japanese earphones love this Japanese DAP. :smile_phones:

Mar 18, 2019 at 3:43 AM Post #27,575 of 45,723
Pure bliss with my Yamaha EPH-200. These Japanese earphones love this Japanese DAP. :smile_phones:
Yamaha earphone are actually very good for its price but is sad that not much people knows what is it overseas

Mar 18, 2019 at 10:51 PM Post #27,576 of 45,723
Yamaha earphone are actually very good for its price but is sad that not much people knows what is it overseas
A bit of nostalgia - I still have a pair of Yamaha HP-1 Orthodynamic (planar) headphones, which were released in 1975. They were quite expensive, selling for US$200 back then! A couple of years ago, I ran across articles on how to refurbish the head strap, and that people were still using them, and looking for old headphones to restore, and consequently they still had a resale value. Which was a real surprise to me.

Mar 18, 2019 at 11:28 PM Post #27,577 of 45,723
A bit of nostalgia - I still have a pair of Yamaha HP-1 Orthodynamic (planar) headphones, which were released in 1975. They were quite expensive, selling for US$200 back then! A couple of years ago, I ran across articles on how to refurbish the head strap, and that people were still using them, and looking for old headphones to restore, and consequently they still had a resale value. Which was a real surprise to me.

The hp1 is a classic, I just searched up in internet and it used to be like 11000yen back in Japan in 1976 and that’s a lot of money back then...I can imagine in the USA it will be more expensive. Maybe you can try to plug it in your modern gear to see does it sounds even better, although I doubt that the wm1a can handle planar headphone well lol

Mar 19, 2019 at 11:51 PM Post #27,578 of 45,723
z1r iem.jpg

After careful consideration I must suggest that anyone on the edge of upgrading from the 1A to 1Z should instead try the IER-Z1R and 1A combination. In 4.4mm balanced mode with stock cable the joining brings most of the 1Z magic to the table. In some aspects it's even a better combination than the IER-Z1R and 1Z combination. Obviously this depends on desired sound signature and how the IER-Z1R IEMs fit.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/sony-ier-z1r.23390/reviews

The IER-Z1R takes the 1A to prior-unknown levels of performance in my opinion.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2019 at 6:31 AM Post #27,582 of 45,723

After careful consideration I must suggest that anyone on the edge of upgrading from the 1A to 1Z should instead try the IER-Z1R and 1A combination. In 4.4mm balanced mode with stock cable the joining brings most of the 1Z magic to the table. In some aspects it's even a better combination than the IER-Z1R and 1Z combination. Obviously this depends on desired sound signature and how the IER-Z1R IEMs fit.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/sony-ier-z1r.23390/reviews

The IER-Z1R takes the 1A to prior-unknown levels of performance in my opinion.

what a terrific review , if i were SONY i would give this to you for free , seeing how much hard work you put in it

(again a certain reviewer comes to mind which a)gets everything for free , and b) his reviews are as lazy as can be - plus everything he reviews is always the best thing - until his next review which is the bext thing until the next and on and on)

Mar 20, 2019 at 9:12 AM Post #27,583 of 45,723
what a terrific review , if i were SONY i would give this to you for free , seeing how much hard work you put in it

(again a certain reviewer comes to mind which a)gets everything for free , and b) his reviews are as lazy as can be - plus everything he reviews is always the best thing - until his next review which is the bext thing until the next and on and on)

Thank-you!

Well, the review was easy as it’s a personal feeling. The review was written on the 4th, now it’s the 20th and my recent post above is simply telling of the amazing combo the 1A and IER-Z1R. Though in reality there may be more flaws in the IER-Z1R. I’ll leave those remarks and impressions for others to share.

Mar 20, 2019 at 12:33 PM Post #27,585 of 45,723
Anyone can tell me what are the correct specs for a charger for WM1A? thanks in advance (voltage and amp (mah))

Any usb charger should do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back