1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Jul 30, 2016.
  1. Lookout57
    I have the same balanced cable in 2.5 and 4.4 and the Sony still blows the OPUS away.

2. Joe Tan
    Its stored and memorize on sd card.
    When i use the card on my phone its still has the playlist.
    Hope that helps.

3. ryaneagon
    Both internal and SD. One of the few drawbacks of this device, you cannot build a playlist with both internal and SD music they have to stay separate. So in my case, I have all my Hi-res audio on the internal, my Lossless and Lossy reside on the SD card, I can't build a playlist with all 3 formats.

4. chaturanga
    So you mean even on 3.5mm comparison WM1A "blowns away" Opus#2? Sorry but I disagree (at least for now). They are very very compatible and no need to change either, if someone already owns one of them.

And please keep in mind my WM1A is below 20 hours of burn in. If burn in will make a serious gap and I will be blown away, that will make me happy only.

5. chaturanga
    Someone please can help how to use Bluetooth receiver mode properly?

I have LG V20 (supports AptX HD). I set Bluetooth quality to AptX HD on WM1A and turned on BT receiver mode.

When I pair both, then WM1A shows "AAC connected" and my V20 shows just a BT device is connected.

But normally when I pair with an AptX HD device, V20 should say "AptX HD device is connected"

Is there something I am doing wrong?

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
  6. nc8000 Contributor
    I think those settings only refer to connections going out from the Sony player not going in

7. chaturanga
    So you mean probably AptX HD is not available when WM1A is receiving side?

8. nc8000 Contributor
    That's my guess but I only have iOS devices streaming to my 1Z so I'm always on aac

chaturanga likes this.
  9. proedros
    wait until you have at least 300 hours of burn-in , also go balanced 4.4 as it is much better than 3.5 SE

DatDudeNic likes this.
  10. chaturanga
    Sure I will do and share my impressions time to time.

11. kingdixon
    I remember i got it working on LDAC with my note 8, so i guess it is will work on APTX, also if you have oreo on your lg V20 it might support ldac, try playing around with the settings i mentioned above.

chaturanga likes this.
  12. chaturanga
    Thank you. I will try that way, too. My V20 did not get Oreo update yet, may be because of region. Aptx HD would be enough for now.

13. Redcarmoose
    Exactly.....it may be hard to fathom just how much change is potentially there to change. The players don’t even start to wake up till the first 40 hours. They then get rather good at 100 but sound great at 200 hours then simply keep climbing after 200, though only slight changes. IMO

14. DatDudeNic
    Oof, i wouldnt really say horrible but its performance was considerably better compared to the r6. But then again i use extremely sensitive iems so maybe thats a point to consider :)

15. chaturanga
    If 300R is clearly better than R6, R6 should be a joke lol :)

300R was thin, dry and metallic (treble side) sounding. I had no positive feeling on its sound.

I had only positive feeling about it's screen and Android implementation. It was flawless. I even felt into a feeling that the device seemed to be started as a smartphone project but later they changed their mind to make it a DAP :)

It has microphone on it, if it had camera and a SIM card slot it would be a good smartphone sure :))