1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Jul 30, 2016.
  1. chaturanga
    I did not listen R6 but did 300R about a week. It's a horrible sounding device for me :)

DatDudeNic likes this.
  2. Joe Tan
    Hi which setting does 1z owners here use on 3.01 filmware ?

More keen on opinions comparing berween std vinyl & direct source.
    (All other setting off)

3. nc8000 Contributor
    Always direct source

4. Joe Tan
    @nc8000 , thks for fast reply !

But do vocal sound better or more forward to you on vinyl ?

And you are always on direct mode ? Why ?

For me i uses both , and like both.
    Direct more separation (layering , holographic?) and vinyl more intimate ? To me

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
  5. nc8000 Contributor
    I detect very little sound difference using the various modes so stick to direct source to maximise battery time

rcoleman1 likes this.
  6. Joe Tan
    Roger that , thanks

Merry Christmas to you and all on this tread !

Aslshark likes this.
  7. Tawek
    obravo eamt2c + 1z my preferences are 3.0 - the largest soundstage , the best bass ,great resolution, the best 3d and space rendering,
    sound detached from the head
    To me the best firmware almost perfect small errors in the software score 9.5 / 10

8. buduba0604
    Just want to say Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all here.
    This was my first year taking a deep dive into flourishing my love for music.
    Everyone here has been amazing and helpful.
    It's been a joy and I am looking forward to what next year brings!
    Cheers!!! :)

9. OG10
    Have any of you been using the WM1A for a good while with Shure SE846? I am thinking of taking the plunge, but wanted to know what your experiences have been like.

10. Lookout57
    No contest, WM1A by a huge margin.

The Sony ZX300 even beats the OPUS#2 and it costs a lot less.

11. ryaneagon
    I use my 846's with a WM1Z. I absolutely love the paring. very well balanced and smooth using the blue filters. They couple other daps I've used I've preferred the black filter.Hope this helps.

12. duaned

Yes it’s a perfect pairing no contest.

13. chaturanga
    May be you are talking based on 4.4mm out but my 4.4 to 2.5 adapter will arrive tomorrow.

Todays first listening sessions with 3.5 out tells me different story. Opus#2 is up for me. But my Opus#2 is burned in hundreds of hours, WM1A is still below 20 hours.

Let's see what comes out of 4.4 jack tomorrow and what happens after more burn in :)

14. OG10
    Thanks for the input guys :)

I am going to pull the trigger I think!

15. Dtuck90
    When you create a playlist on the player itself with songs from a microsd card, is the playlist itself stored on the microsd card or the internal memory?