1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Jul 30, 2016.
  1. nc8000 Contributor
    1 year 9 months with 2.000 hours on it and it's a 1Z, not that that should make any difference though.

It drives a pair of JH13 ciem at around 50 on the volume

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  2. aisalen
    Pairing my newly acquired mdr-1am2 with wm1a. Very nice but setting the 1A with vinyl processor overwhelms the bass so back to Direct Setting.

3. NiVrA
    is that the same battery life you get from day one until now?It didnt degrade?

4. nc8000 Contributor
    About the same yes and I never turn it of

5. NiVrA
    ok cool might as well get the dap that was offered to me xD

6. 480126
    Thanks for this Information! Now I will my 1a never turn it off and try FW 3

7. nc8000 Contributor
    I went back to FW2 after repeated crashes on FW3. Never had a crash before FW3 and don't need any of the new features

rcoleman1 likes this.
  8. Mrcojocaru
    I'd probably pass, honestly. That's not very long.

9. DONTGIVEUP
    I have seen 1A go down for $440 somewhere in April/May. Sad to think something so expensive is now worth a fraction.
    Although I hate buying used electronics, to look at a personal collection and see retail vs current price of my setup makes me depressed at times.

Erfan Elahi likes this.
  10. Whitigir
    Where ? I would love to buy one for that price and modify the heck out of it :D kakaka. Though, battery for these are hard to come by. Did someone mention that encompass now carry them ?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  11. bitonio
    Do you know if Sony made an app to control the DAP over Bluetooth? I must realized we can stream music over Bluetooth (with everything that entails quality wise, but that’s handy to listen to something on my phone with just a 4.4mm earphone :) so why not just controlling it?

12. blazinblazin
    My crash only occurs when i resume after i pause a few mins to do something using remote.

13. Redcarmoose
    8EF26D42-CC95-49CE-A0E1-BF48F973B709.jpeg

Mrcojocaru likes this.
  14. ttt123
    There is a Sony BT remote for the Walkman. It is small, and can be operated without looking at it.
    RMT-NWS20
    [​IMG]

15. Macoleco
    I am nnew into this and I plan on buying a WM1A. I was wondering if anoyne knows how they work with high end headphones such as the Arya or ADX5000 without an amplifier? Is there a huge difference? Should I use the WM1A with earbuds instead? If yes, which ones do you recommend?