1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Jul 30, 2016.
  1. NiVrA
    yeah I was looking at that still looking for other iems before deciding

2. NiVrA
    ok sir thank you so much for your help

Erfan Elahi likes this.
  3. proedros
    a used wm1a for 700$ is pretty hard to beat as quality sound and monstrous battery without selling a kidney

i tried 1z , liked it but i can not justify paying 3x times the wm1a price for a 15% improvement

if you are on a budget , wm1a is unbeatable - plus it's easier to carry around next to the heavier 1z

if you got money to burn go for 1z

simon740 and Redcarmoose like this.
  4. quodjo105
    Did you try the 1z with your Zeus ?. How did you find it ? Too warm , or good ?

5. Whitigir
    I am still waiting on the Walkman anniversary news :D

Used 1A will be an excellent platform to modify with much better components

6. Redcarmoose
    4BA4A56F-B981-461B-A9A3-C9D32C5DB34A.jpeg AA3ACD57-DEA4-45C3-B593-7120D7AB3C98.jpeg
    I really like the BGVP DM6 too. Such a special sound for $199. Though it really takes a different cable purchase too, so you can run them off the 4.4mm plug. They really scale up.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    jumpa likes this.
  7. proedros
    i see you already own wm1z , so thinking of getting Zeus ?

Zeus paired fine with 1z , i tried 1z for 1 hour on a SONY store so it was probably not burned in (i think i had like 20 houds on it) and with the original FW

Zeus is great if you like clarity/transparency/accurate imaging , i see you own Phantom which should be more mids/lows focused

ares ii 8w pairs great with Zeus btw , very nice cable for the price

quodjo105 and jcdreamer like this.
  8. jcdreamer
    I have the EE Zeus universal and the same two cables you own from Effect Audio. Paired with the 1Z it's nearly perfect to my ears. I picked up the 64 Audio U18t from black Friday sale so I can compare with the Zeus and keep one of them. Well, I'm keeping both.

9. Mrcojocaru
    Lol this happens every time! I don't buy two headphones at the same time anymore .
    The 1a is also built like a batmobile! Such an incredible dap, in every way.

10. Whitigir
    The 1A is incredible until you hear 1Z or Z1 :D, But such is the nature of this hobby....a progressive things that you would have to spend so much money to keep up

Erfan Elahi likes this.
  11. NiVrA
    someone offered me a NW1A for 530 usd...its 1 year old and hes the second owner while the first owner had it for 3 mos..he says that the bat life is 14 hours?? should I take this?is the bat life good?

12. nc8000 Contributor
    Battery life depends on what you play, how you play it and what effects are enabled. I get 20-25 hours

13. NiVrA
    he only plays flac on balanced mode..is that the normal battery life?

14. nc8000 Contributor
    My 20-25 hours are flac 16/44 on balanced low gain with no effects or processing enabled

15. NiVrA
    how old is yours?ohh thats pretty big difference xD