SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 3, 2018 at 6:35 PM Post #25,726 of 45,723
Guess I’ll consider myself one of the lucky ones. I had no issues with the 3.0 update, no issues with it since, database build takes no longer than before, and I love how 3.0 sounds vs. the previous FW which sounded a little thick/veiled to me.

Excuse me while I knock on this wood here.
Same here, databade when no so much changes done (adding or removing songs) is much quicker, than doing it anew

Dec 3, 2018 at 7:45 PM Post #25,728 of 45,723
I got no crashes then follow by quite frequent crashes then back to no crashes again.

I wonder if the files causes the crash and every crash the file have been fixed lol

Dec 3, 2018 at 8:18 PM Post #25,729 of 45,723
No crash here either.

I had a glitch at the installation with MacOS since I have the auto mount USB disabled, the installer was expected - I guess - to see the mounted internal storage.
This was the last step of the installation, it didn't cause any problem, just a scary message.
I did enable USB mount on my wife unit (WM1A as well), no issue at all with the same Mac.

I have been using my WM1A every weekday for 2 to 6 hours/day since FW3.0, never got a single crash on the DAP itself. Using a mix of file on SD Card, internal memory and DAC.
The database takes more time compare to FW 2.0 if you turn off the device and turn it back ON.
In order to get some reasonable Database build time, I followed recommendation posted here: leave the DAP on idle. It works great, you just need to not forget to hit Pause :)

Dec 3, 2018 at 9:39 PM Post #25,731 of 45,723
Guess I’ll consider myself one of the lucky ones. I had no issues with the 3.0 update, no issues with it since, database build takes no longer than before, and I love how 3.0 sounds vs. the previous FW which sounded a little thick/veiled to me.

Excuse me while I knock on this wood here.
Same here.
Same here with my WM1A

Dec 4, 2018 at 12:49 AM Post #25,732 of 45,723
Database rebuilding takes at least 30 minutes for me. This is when I plug my 1A into the computer, add a new album, and then disconnect from the computer. Then it'll take 30 minutes to rebuild database. Used to never take this long on 2.0
I've had two crashes. Once while I was listening to a song, and the other when I attempted to create a playlist. I formatted my micro SD card in my walkman before using and adding music to it a long time ago. It's also the same exact micro SD card I have been using for the past year. The last crash occurred a while ago which I am thankful for.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2018 at 8:45 AM Post #25,733 of 45,723
there are 500 people with 1a/1z , hoping not everyone chimes in whether they have crashes or not , nobody really cares since we have already established that yes there are indeed crashes with the new FW and since there is no pattern to what causes these crashes , all these ''i have had many/zero crashes'' are completely useless posts

cheers

Dec 4, 2018 at 9:13 AM Post #25,734 of 45,723
I must be lucky as I have not had a single crash since I got my 1Z with the 3.0 firmware...

Dec 4, 2018 at 9:29 AM Post #25,737 of 45,723
Only one crash 1z -3.0 in the last 1.5 month , i not use micro sd card.

Good point, I don't use the micro sd card slot as well

Dec 4, 2018 at 10:10 AM Post #25,739 of 45,723
I have had around 3 crashes since update was released and one of them with no music running, just playing around the settings and it restarted.

Also it might be something with memory management, since the UI is more fluid they might have used the memory heavier than before, if thats the case, then big libraries might be subject to more restarts. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back