1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Jul 30, 2016.
  1. Quasimodosbelfry
    Maybe just wait it out for the WM to run out of power. Then charge it up to full again before turning it on.

2. gerelmx1986
    Well that quite doesn't work as expected, as soon it reaches like 10% of the battery charge it turns on automatically. But yeah is worth a try to leave it run out of power

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
    rtjoa and Quasimodosbelfry like this.
  3. JeremyLaurenson
    This sounds to me like a huge problem. How many folks' WM1As have been bricked like this? I wonder if Sony is aware

4. Music junky
    my wm1a bitlocked the 200gb sd card yesterday. was unable to load any music . 126gb seems to work ok.

5. DONTGIVEUP
    Sony walkmans have allergy to classical music.... remove all classical music... load in some rock music and ur good to go!

NoMythsAudio, Whitigir and proedros like this.
  6. Quasimodosbelfry
    Totally dead in the water?

7. gerelmx1986
    This is a prime example of a critical software flaw and hope sony fxes this soon for their reputation
    Mine is crammed with classical music :D and no problems

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  8. JeremyLaurenson
  9. gerelmx1986
  10. Whitigir
    So, the verdict is that only wm1A has problem and not 1Z, time to upgrade guys!

11. proedros
    if you think sony daps have 'brick' problems , you should see what happened to other smalled named daps

never had a problem these last 3 years with my zx2/wm1a , fingers crossed

Whitigir likes this.
  12. proedros
    maybe it's a mac thing ?

fiascogarcia likes this.
  13. gerelmx1986
    Because there are few bricks on WM1As i think is more of a MAC OS problem. Mine has had a corrupted database twice and i am using windows. Mine created the database just fine

14. Whitigir
    Mac is perfect you know ? You can ask any Apple Sheeps

proedros and gerelmx1986 like this.
  15. kingdixon
    Woaaaaah thats so uncalled for ..

Anyway for what its worth, iam a windows user with the problem, and i think it is not a problem with the OS.

I have been trying for the last 2 days continously, until i felt being paranoid, i can stay 8 hours looking at the screen trying to solve the problem then take a break and return.

Going from windows to mac to linux, and i totally failed LOL

I think others who solved the problem by updating, had a good working internal storage they can access, yes it seems to keep disconnecting and connecting because of the bootloop but still they can access it, i cant access the internal storage it is like the disk is corrupted.

Well, my advice for others would be, try not to fill it up to the top, i mean before building the database i had around 2gb free on internal storage (dont know if it contributes or not)

Also never power off the player while building the database even if it takes 2 days to build :D

At last iam very frusterated that there are no recovery mode or hard reset one that you access with buttons, other than the 8 sec power button restart.

One last thing, i got it used from japan, should i contact sony US, or go directly to sony japan, or perhaps contact both LOL