1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Jul 30, 2016.
  1. gerelmx1986
    I saw some one show an original pentaconn right-angled on their packaging. I know also sony Upgrade cables that are 4.4mm balanced have right-angle plugs. The Upgrade cable for my XBA-Z5 is right-angled, smae for the MDR-Z1R stock 4.4mm cable

2. Cheekymahony
    Acoustune do a 4.4 right angled Pentaconn balanced cable (ARK13 I believe). It's a good cable, I used it with a pair of XBA-H3's and now with some Campfire Andromedas. I got mine from Accessory Jack, cheaper than the Sony cable.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  3. gerelmx1986
    How do the XBA-H3 sound balanced? i never liked them and sold my pair in favor of the XBA-A3, then sold these for the XBA-Z5

4. koven Contributor
    Does anyone know if the Kimber Sony cable right angle 4.4mm is Pentaconn?

5. PointyFox
    All the Sony 4.4mm are Pentaconn. I don't think I've seen a 4.4mm that wasn't.

koven likes this.
  6. gerelmx1986
    seems like all sony's 4.4mm offerings are Right-angled, even the cheaper version of the upgrade cable i have for my XBA-Z5

7. gerelmx1986
    15312817321241012734595.jpg
    Some late night listening

8. PointyFox
    I have all my music sorted by folder. Is it possible to play a folder with folders inside it? I know all my previous DAPs could. I can't seem to figure out how to do this on the WM1A. Say I have it sorted like MUSIC->Bands->Band 1->Album 1, Album 2. Could I play Band 1 and have it select songs from Album 1 and Album 2?

9. Quasimodosbelfry
    I don't know if it can do that since I have never like playing songs from a folder on any of my systems. Sounds like you'd be able to achieve you exact outcome by just selecting by artist and playing ALL.

10. koven Contributor
    Anyone have the Dignis case? Is it worth the $?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  11. aisalen
    Yes, if you play Album 1. Once it is finished, it will proceed automatically to next folder Album 2, after that to the next available until you exhaust all your available folder. So it means it will continue to play all your music collection until the last folder under folder starting with letter Z.

12. PointyFox
    Let's say I have a folder with modern music and one of classical, each containing folders per artist or composer. Can I play everything in the modern music folder but randomized?

13. Quasimodosbelfry
    Oh, hell YES!
    I have 2 and thinking of getting a third. All different colours
    I'll make a post about this and other cases later

koven likes this.
  14. Elyfantman
    Where do you get them? Any US retailers?

15. 480126
    I don´t have the Dignis case because I think it is to expencive. Have a look a the Valentinum Case - etsy com -. It´s great and fit the Sony very well 20180402_082805.jpg