SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 1, 2018 at 8:50 AM Post #21,346 of 45,723
Leaked photo of Sony's new TOTL player and cans, as modeled by Patrick Stewart. They'll go beyond WIFI and BT and give users the ability to control it with our minds.

Music will be perfect because it's exactly what we want. The only signature will be our own.

And the cans are so open they're in a whole new category: no ear.

Portability... Meh, overrated.

And obviously the DAP will be called... *drumroll*... NW-WM1X!
I'm waiting for the new model that I hear is in development to replace the NW-WM1X! :ksc75smile:

Jul 1, 2018 at 8:58 AM Post #21,347 of 45,723
i dont know how necessary a new model would actually be.I'm very happy with my wm1a.

In saying that if a new model came out...... hehe

I'd like a search function.
Additional power from the 3.5 and 4.4 would be nice...
streaming but very unlikely.

Jul 1, 2018 at 9:16 AM Post #21,348 of 45,723
Listening to some 80s music today with the 1Z, I don’t know what else I would ever want from a player. It would be fun to simply get something new, but...........seems like I would have more fun simply buying another headphone. I couldn’t ask for a better player, just the way it is.

Jul 1, 2018 at 10:44 AM Post #21,349 of 45,723
If they enabled streaming (Tidal, Spotify, Apple Music etc.) then yes - I would trade in my 1Z and jump

Sony if you are reading these threads.......

Jul 1, 2018 at 11:09 AM Post #21,351 of 45,723
I'd prefer:
* dual MicroSD slots
*at least 256GB internal
*Keyboard search
*More power
*Album shuffle (iPods did this, you played a complete album and insetad of sequential next album, it loaded a random album)
*FPGA implementation of DSD upsampler :D
*Color-coded LED light, so we can see what format is playing without turning the screen on
*USB DAC

Jul 1, 2018 at 12:16 PM Post #21,353 of 45,723
Anyone know if there is any support for volume tags ala MP3Gain or whatever? This is something Id like to see implemented.
Volume tags are "soft dynamic range compression"? i don't use the Dynamic normalizer as it is on-the-fly dynamic compressor made in the DAC, but there is no support for volume tags as i know

Jul 2, 2018 at 9:04 PM Post #21,356 of 45,723
Hi.

What's the likelihood for the headphone output spoiled if you plug/unplug on daily basis? Because I use IEM in the office and full headphone at home. Thanks
I wondered about that too but reckon it would take years. And I know an audio store here that carries out upgrade mods and they can easily replace the connectors.

Jul 2, 2018 at 9:17 PM Post #21,358 of 45,723
Hi.

What's the likelihood for the headphone output spoiled if you plug/unplug on daily basis? Because I use IEM in the office and full headphone at home. Thanks

I've been using a 1st gen Zune (about to be replaced w/ WM1A. About time lol) for 12 years. Many, many thousands of plug/unplug cycles. Still works like the day I bought it, except batt life is about half. I guess Toshiba makes good stuff. Sony does too, especially at this price point.

Jul 2, 2018 at 9:27 PM Post #21,359 of 45,723
I did a search on the SE stereo 3.5mm jacks to find out what is the typical longevity. A few datasheets are returning the number 5,000 cycles. Seems a bit low but if an average person does it say 5 cycles (plugging in and out) a day. That would be about 2.7 years of consecutive days of usage.

Jul 2, 2018 at 9:37 PM Post #21,360 of 45,723
I did a search on the SE stereo 3.5mm jacks to find out what is the typical longevity. A few datasheets are returning the number 5,000 cycles. Seems a bit low but if an average person does it say 5 cycles (plugging in and out) a day. That would be about 2.7 years of consecutive days of usage.

Yes, this is typical usages and logically so. But they can even last longer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back