SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 29, 2018 at 5:19 PM Post #21,331 of 45,723
Hi everybody,
Is there anybody about who knows how to install the rockbox app to remove the volume cap from wm1a I’ve actually got to the stage where I’ve downloaded it but every time I press run it disappears.
I’m not a windows user.
you must run the command prompt

on the windows taskbar type "cmd" without the quotes on the serach box and this opnes
Captura.JPG
I can o'pen a flac file using the commnad line :D

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2018 at 5:21 PM Post #21,332 of 45,723
Hi everybody,
Is there anybody about who knows how to install the rockbox app to remove the volume cap from wm1a I’ve actually got to the stage where I’ve downloaded it but every time I press run it disappears.
I’m not a windows user.

You have to be on windows OS , download the scsi tool exe file, and a bit down in the article you will find another file open_cmd_here.bat, download it and put it in same folder beside scsi tool file then run it, it will open a dos screen, read the article well, you need 2 commands the one that shows your current configuration and the one that sets the new configuration , after you do it reset the settings from the player.

Sorry i would have given more details but iam not at home right now, if you have any problem you can pm me or ask here for further info

Jun 29, 2018 at 10:02 PM Post #21,335 of 45,723
Tips are just such a magic and personal thing. I have had one pair that I use when trying out IEMs. I have had the tips for 9 years. They somehow fit almost everything. So they allow me to just walk into a store and basically fit with what ever IEM is there? It’s such a strange thing as there are so many nozzle diameters? But they work. Don’t know what I would do if I lost them.

I was reading from John Moulton who said the inside of the ear can release fluid so at times a type of rubber can cause issues. I do get a little problem with the hybrids but not enough to be a big thing.

It may be one reason why Sony made the Triple Comfort Tips kind of different?

You just have to try tons of tips in the end.

I have never read of anyone that uses the Sony foam filled tips? Lol

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2018 at 10:13 PM Post #21,336 of 45,723
The RHA Double Flange is really a different tip and one that has become the only double flange that has worked for me. Maybe it’s comfortable because your ear has a space in the middle to breath where the two tip-flanges separate?

The shape-dynamics of tips are profound, as how physically-long they are affects how the IEM rests outside your ear, or how far it goes in. The distance from the ending of the sound port to the end of the tip affects soundstage and treble. The diameter of the inside of the tip-end-port affects both treble and bass and soundstage. So besides comfort.....there is a lot to consider. If you don’t have a tight seal between the tube and the inner diameter of the tip it lets air in and out and affects bass response. If the outer-circumference of the tip is too narrow and does not seal at one section of your ear, you loose bass responce. That’s why some folks use different tips for each ear.

You have all these potential concepts going on with universals, but then again some people can never use CIEMs due to a strange ear shape and have to use universals. Better resale with universals too!

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2018 at 10:37 PM Post #21,337 of 45,723
And i consider Comply foam tips safer for pressurized-aircraft travel. Sony ones being rubber (silicon) seem to trap air, and i can't imagine my ear drums popping during ascent, descent phases of flight

Jun 30, 2018 at 2:07 AM Post #21,339 of 45,723
CB4C47E1-9C78-421C-B374-28C48D57D1EA.gif
Theres a rumor that sony is replacing the wm1z near the end of this year. Anyone know any info?

We know nothing even though this question comes up once a week here.

Jun 30, 2018 at 4:27 PM Post #21,342 of 45,723
Hi Everybody,
Big shout for kingdixon who is worthy of such a title...!! thanks for all your help with removing the volume cap from my Wm1a
This is a very friendly and helpful forum indeed.

Hahaha .. it is nothing buddy, hope your enjoyong the player even more now, true it has always been a great forum and community, anytime bro

Jun 30, 2018 at 10:45 PM Post #21,343 of 45,723
What a game the Uruguay vs. Portugal match!! Cavani for the win.. I heard someone say that Sony might officially announce something in September regarding any update in the Walkman line-up.

Jun 30, 2018 at 11:00 PM Post #21,344 of 45,723
Why does sony doesn't support reading CUE file I have lots of DSD and FLAC files that is merged and needs cue for it to be separated and sony doesn't even bother to add it in it's feature regarding tjat this is a highend music player!!!

Jul 1, 2018 at 2:50 AM Post #21,345 of 45,723
Theres a rumor that sony is replacing the wm1z near the end of this year. Anyone know any info?

Leaked photo of Sony's new TOTL player and cans, as modeled by Patrick Stewart. They'll go beyond WIFI and BT and give users the ability to control it with our minds.

Music will be perfect because it's exactly what we want. The only signature will be our own.

And the cans are so open they're in a whole new category: no ear.

Portability... Meh, overrated.

And obviously the DAP will be called... *drumroll*... NW-WM1X!
84D837D5-9AF1-46CD-B4B3-73DF7DDBF13C.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back