SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 26, 2018 at 6:47 PM Post #20,626 of 45,723
Definitely better than what I'm getting running balanced through jomo samba and some other easy to run IEM.

I have some other EQ settings on though

No EQ settings for me, but I do use the screen on about 70% brightness after each album. Had I just let it play continuously with the dark screen I probably would have gotten another hour or two out of it.

May 26, 2018 at 8:08 PM Post #20,628 of 45,723
Never thought I'd see the day this would happen :scream::scream:
Geez, hopefully he doesn't regret it, dang!, what a bold decision. Wondering how he will cope at work to avoid boredom, i am a software developer and hell sitting at the computer with no music is HELL :p

Hoffentlich enttäuscht er nicht --> Practicing a bit German :D

Last edited:
May 27, 2018 at 12:43 AM Post #20,630 of 45,723
1375 pages.... I think I nailed the right decision getting the Wm1a .. This is one of the biggest fanbase for dap in headfi :)

U won't be disappointed

May 27, 2018 at 5:55 AM Post #20,632 of 45,723
Just curious, seems Sony is on a 2 years product life for a major change, any rumours that there will be a signature series replacement layer this year?
If you have been following the thread, there were many talks about about a anniversary edition, although a rumor, many of us hope this is true.:blush:

Last edited:
May 27, 2018 at 6:32 AM Post #20,633 of 45,723
If you have been following the thread, there were many talks about about a anniversary edition, although a rumor, many of use hope this is true.:blush:
Didn’t catch that! I hope they got a wm1a successor which is pretty neutral tone and not sure if android will be possible, fingers crossed for it to not be a special colour version only

May 27, 2018 at 6:38 AM Post #20,634 of 45,723
Never thought I'd see the day this would happen :scream::scream:

Well it’s not about the gear, but the musical life experiences in the end. We obsess on the gear, but......if the equipment didn’t do anything special.......

I figure he needs some funds to make other purchases on his quest to audiophile enlightenment......bigger fish to fry! Lol.

May 27, 2018 at 7:29 AM Post #20,635 of 45,723
Well it’s not about the gear, but the musical life experiences in the end. We obsess on the gear, but......if the equipment didn’t do anything special.......

I figure he needs some funds to make other purchases on his quest to audiophile enlightenment......bigger fish to fry! Lol.

Yes, very true. I struggled for a little and I found a breaking point to commit a full blown desktop setup. Here is a shot of what is 80% done. Still waiting on the bridge for I2S.

You are looking at a high-end desktop streamer server with the newest technology

84DA5963-5AF7-4571-85E3-201E0F6CAB83.jpeg

Last edited:
May 27, 2018 at 7:45 AM Post #20,636 of 45,723
Yes, very true. I struggled for a little and I found a breaking point to commit a full blown desktop setup. Here is a shot of what is 80% done. Still waiting on the bridge for I2S.

You are looking at a high-end desktop streamer server with the newest technology

I almost never sell anything, but it’s probably best from a practical standpoint to sell stuff while it’s at peak value. Especially if your dreaming about new gear. Good luck on your quest, and congratulations getting the courage to move forward.

May 27, 2018 at 10:38 AM Post #20,637 of 45,723
No EQ settings for me, but I do use the screen on about 70% brightness after each album. Had I just let it play continuously with the dark screen I probably would have gotten another hour or two out of it.

I forgot to mention that I use battery saver function. I was actually closer to 23 hours, considering this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back