SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 15, 2018 at 4:34 AM Post #18,496 of 45,723
Last edited:
Feb 15, 2018 at 4:45 PM Post #18,497 of 45,723
Finally the cables arrivedaa, psPipam blurry visiob as us had the cataract surgery a while a gig
They arrived 4 months late, the case that i bought NC800 2 months late... never ordering shipping per mexPost

Feb 15, 2018 at 5:07 PM Post #18,498 of 45,723
They arrived 4 months late, the case that i bought NC800 2 months late... never ordering shipping per mexPost
How do you like balance compared to unbalanced? Any comment on the difference?

Feb 15, 2018 at 5:26 PM Post #18,499 of 45,723
How do you like balance compared to unbalanced? Any comment on the difference?
Balanced is more open and wider soundstage, more air between instruments, more details and inner resolution, controlled tighter bass. If Single-end was like FullHD, balanced is like 8K

Feb 15, 2018 at 5:46 PM Post #18,500 of 45,723
I just got EA eos 4.4mm balanced cable. Color me very impressed! Its bold and powerful, sound quality definitely punched above its usd 300 price. Question to anyone who have heard eos and lets say lionheart or leonidas and other higher EA cables. Are they better than eos soundwise?

Im very impressed with eos, and by extension EA. Do EA also offer 4.4 rhodium connector, just wondering

Feb 15, 2018 at 6:42 PM Post #18,501 of 45,723
I just got EA eos 4.4mm balanced cable. Color me very impressed! Its bold and powerful, sound quality definitely punched above its usd 300 price. Question to anyone who have heard eos and lets say lionheart or leonidas and other higher EA cables. Are they better than eos soundwise?

Im very impressed with eos, and by extension EA. Do EA also offer 4.4 rhodium connector, just wondering

how does eos affect the sound in general , which ciems are you using it with ? I am thinking of getting it too for my Zeus XR , any more feedback would be great

cheers

Feb 16, 2018 at 10:07 AM Post #18,502 of 45,723

Where did you buy you eos 4.4 cable? I don’t see it for sale anywhere.

Feb 16, 2018 at 10:42 AM Post #18,503 of 45,723
I got one of the last few from music sanctuary before they remove all EA cables from their offering. I think its gone now.

Feb 16, 2018 at 11:21 AM Post #18,505 of 45,723
i m deciding between wm1a and opus #2. some review say the opus #2 is in the wm1z range.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...ber-october-2016.819708/page-12#post-13143498

It depends, but in the right given conditions, the wm1Z will still be superior. The Opus #2 is also a very very worthy contender, and that is for sure. I may be spoiled too hard by the Walkman and it simplistic interface and the long lasting battery life. But it would be very easy for me to pick if I was you

Feb 16, 2018 at 2:47 PM Post #18,506 of 45,723
how does eos affect the sound in general , which ciems are you using it with ? I am thinking of getting it too for my Zeus XR , any more feedback would be great

cheers
Proedros,

Eos is quite interesting. Its a cable on steroids soundwise. Bass, mids, treble, dynamics seem to be maxed, on scale 1 to 10, probably 9.5 or more. Everything seems more energetic, clearer, louder. But on the negative, sounds are a little unrefined compared to more expensive cable. Its quite interesting cable, I like it a lot.

Feb 16, 2018 at 3:42 PM Post #18,507 of 45,723
Proedros,

Eos is quite interesting. Its a cable on steroids soundwise. Bass, mids, treble, dynamics seem to be maxed, on scale 1 to 10, probably 9.5 or more. Everything seems more energetic, clearer, louder. But on the negative, sounds are a little unrefined compared to more expensive cable. Its quite interesting cable, I like it a lot.

thank you , i appreciate the thorough impressions

does it pair well with Zeus ? Zeus is already an extrovert CIEM so not sure if i want more of what you say eos brings to the sonic table - which cable would you suggest for XR ?

edit - i see you have the pw1960s cable - how much better is it than eos ? i know tht one cble costs 300$ and the other 2K , but very curious still

thank you once more

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2018 at 1:35 AM Post #18,508 of 45,723
I am having a tiny issue. I have unplugged my WM1A from the computer after loading new music on it, and I check out my recently added section only to see my entire library listed instead of my newest additions. It has done this the last 2-3 times I have added music and I am not sure why the recently added isn't working properly.
Any suggestions?

Feb 17, 2018 at 7:02 AM Post #18,509 of 45,723
Let me share a few photos and feedback on the Dignis Alcantara case for Sony WM1.I received mine a week ago.

20180215_102142.jpg 20180215_102134.jpg 20180215_102330.jpg 20180215_102147.jpg

It fits very tightly and cut out is good. Protection wise it covers the player well and my only complaint is that protection for the upper corners (next to the headphone out) is not very well. If I accidentally dropped the player onto the ground top down it wouldn't survive.

Being made from Alcantara it provides much better grip. I have no problem identifying the buttons as well.

Aesthetically it's personal judgement .I find the back looks smart but the front a bit dull.

Overall I like the case but is it worth the asking price (plus the hefty custom charges I paid), I am not sure 100% sure .

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2018 at 8:36 AM Post #18,510 of 45,723
Let me share a few photos and feedback on the Dignis Alcantara case for Sony WM1.I received mine a week ago.

It fits very tightly and cut out is good. Protection wise it covers the player well and my only complaint is that protection for the upper corners (next to the headphone out) is not very well. If I accidentally dropped the player onto the ground top down it wouldn't survive.

Being made from Alcantara it provides much better grip. I have no problem identifying the buttons as well.

Aesthetically it's personal judgement .I find the back looks smart but the front a bit dull.

Overall I like the case but is it worth the asking price (plus the hefty custom charges I paid), I am not sure 100% sure .

Sorry to say but it looks like a block of black sponge, I agree the back looks nice but considering the cost of dignis in general ( plus I also have import and Vat duties as well to pay ) it's not a good look not to mention the fluff this is going to attract, I'd use their returns policy and treat yourself to one that goes nicely with your slab of gold goodness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back