1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Jul 30, 2016.
First

Back
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Next

Last
  1. Whitigir
    OMG, that Z1R and the ES Amp. But I love that Amp more than anything. What will it be if I do Desktop gaming with it. Imagine the details and all that whuuuwaahahaha

2. Rob49
    I love the look of all these new products, but i'm not going to be able to afford any. [​IMG]

3. leylandi
    First spec
    Mass (Walkman) 455g(16.1oz) 267g(9.5oz)
    capacity 256GB 128GB
    DSD "Media File format: DSF, DSDIFF
    File extension: .dsf, .dff
    Bit depth : 1 bit
    Sampling frequency : 2.8224 MHz, 5.6448, 11.2896 MHz"
    DSD 11.2896MHz/1bit Approx. 11 hours
    New JEITA standard Φ4.4mm Stereo balanced headphone jack

Rob49 likes this.
  4. willywill
    Start saving, none of this stuff will be available for the next 2-3 months by the time this is out it will be the holidays ask your wife for a christmas gift don't have a wife ask your mom [​IMG].

5. goldendarko
    Where u get this?

6. takato14
    I do not like the look of that headphone's driver. The voice coil looks quite small for such a large surface area and the magnetic circuit seems extremely lackluster. Of course, its not possible to see minute details such as voice coil distancing and magnetization pattern from a picture, but I really don't like how little magnet I'm seeing in there.

I'd love to see Sony put out another statement-level headphone, but for now I'm betting this will be a marginally, if at all better MDR-Z7 with similar weaknesses. Let's hope the pricing isn't insane...

7. Rob49
    Not married & Mom no longer here.....the reason i can't buy anymore expensive gear is because my disability benefit was stopped & i have to appeal the decision. 

8. cuiter23
    The AMP looks amazing! Perhaps my next purchase if not exceedingly and irrationally expensive.

However, I don't think it can replace the PHA-3 as it is much bigger and made for a permanent desktop set-up. PHA-3 is still my backpack warrior :)

I love that Sony still cares about us hardcore audio folks. I pray that they are not going to do anything foolish with the pricing. The portable audio industry is screwed up already as it is. 

Rob49 likes this.
  9. proedros

didn't you just get ZX2 ?  don't let this new toy syndrome get to you, enjoy your ZX2 - i have mine for 1 year now and still enjoy it / have not grown bored with it [​IMG]

besides , it's a law that all these new products will turn here for sale a few months after their release date, in more logical prices [​IMG]

cheers 

10. leylandi

http://player.ru/showthread.php?t=175149&page=3

11. astroid
    11hrs dsd playback is pretty good, if it's native it beats the QP1R easy.

12. gerelmx1986
    if they include sony walkman Os hope it is a revamped version 128GB is fine  for me and pop a 245GB microSD

13. musicday
    What's with the weight?
    455 gr? :expressionless: Lotoo Paw Gold is 280 gr and already very heavy.

14. Rob49
    Yes, i have the ZX2, so at least i'm one of the fortunate one's & can still enjoy, for years to come. 

I'm already envious of the balanced connection, though & native DSD, e.t.c.

15. proedros
    [​IMG]

if i remember correct you have low-tier iems , so better put your money there as zx2 is already a totl dap

you will get a much bigger improvement in sonic enjoyment 

First

Back
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Next

Last