SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 18, 2017 at 9:06 AM Post #16,726 of 45,723
It may have something to do with people day-dreaming when they set second-hand prices at 70-80% of new price when selling DAPs that are 2-3 generations old.
90% of classified here are just like this and people get easily offended when they're proposed lower offers.

Things keep aging even when not used, especially batteries, so anything priced above 50% of original price won't sell unless the item is less than 3 months old and a current generation model.

It is remarkable that people prefer not to sell and recover 0% of their spending instead of recovering 40-50% of their spending, which is more than they would get back in ANY other area. :wink:

Totally agree with this. I really don’t see any point of used DAP being worth more than smartphone in used market and it depreciations. Yes, the market used to be so thin, so the products would then hold on to it values. But now, there are too many players in town, the market is crowded. Hell, you can not find deals on smartphones, unless your carriers offer it, or the manufacturers decide to do so. These Portable Players, you can always talk “deals” with your dealers.

Not to offend anyone, but if you are into this market, you only pay full price when you want the “first batches of products”. If you wait around a bit longer like 5-6 months, you can always find deals from your dealers. The Walkman 1A for example. I have seen people listed used 1A pricing + PayPal + shipping even more than I would pay a one time pricing from talking Deal with a dealer, including shipping and everything else :wink:

Anyways, back to 1A/Z performances

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2017 at 9:07 AM Post #16,727 of 45,723
I just installed 2.0 on my WM1A , the procedure was completely smooth no problems at all (i also had my 200gb card inside the wm1a)

sonic impressions to follow after i do some initial listening , will be back

thanx to everyone who shared his 2.0 impressions , much appreciated

Finaly you did. Hope you like it :)

Nov 18, 2017 at 9:08 AM Post #16,728 of 45,723
I just installed 2.0 on my WM1A , the procedure was completely smooth no problems at all (i also had my 200gb card inside the wm1a)

sonic impressions to follow after i do some initial listening , will be back

thanx to everyone who shared his 2.0 impressions , much appreciated

Finally ! Wooooo.....I have been waiting to see when you would pull the trigger. It was such a thrill man ! I hope you like it :D

Nov 18, 2017 at 9:39 AM Post #16,729 of 45,723
It may have something to do with people day-dreaming when they set second-hand prices at 70-80% of new price when selling DAPs that are 2-3 generations old.
90% of classified here are just like this and people get easily offended when they're proposed lower offers.

Things keep aging even when not used, especially batteries, so anything priced above 50% of original price won't sell unless the item is less than 3 months old and a current generation model.

It is remarkable that people prefer not to sell and recover 0% of their spending instead of recovering 40-50% of their spending, which is more than they would get back in ANY other area. :wink:

Audiophiles live in their own cocoon. Thought I was the only one who noticed this. Seen people who’s upgraded their wm1a to 1z, then list the 1a for $900 after having used it for a year! I checked the classified sale section for days before deciding I’m better off with new which luckily I was able to get for $949.

You will see used Chord mojo listed for $400, HD800 for 800 and many more.
Audiophilia might be a disease because clearly most lives in their own enclosed bubble.

Rule of thumb for me; anything over a $1000, I’ll buy new rather than save $100 from used. Over $2000, I have to be saving a chunk like 400 or more to consider used unless it’s current generation and less than 3 months use.

Nov 18, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #16,730 of 45,723
Audiophiles live in their own cocoon. Thought I was the only one who noticed this. Seen people who’s upgraded their wm1a to 1z, then list the 1a for $900 after having used it for a year! I checked the classified sale section for days before deciding I’m better off with new which luckily I was able to get for $949.

You will see used Chord mojo listed for $400, HD800 for 800 and many more.
Audiophilia might be a disease because clearly most lives in their own enclosed bubble.

Rule of thumb for me; anything over a $1000, I’ll buy new rather than save $100 from used. Over $2000, I have to be saving a chunk like 400 or more to consider used unless it’s current generation and less than 3 months use.

I would never bought used on massively production, unless it is 40-50% off. Otherwise, not even worth it. Or unless it is super duper new products that don’t even land in the Us shores Yet

Nov 18, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #16,731 of 45,723
I buy new on everything, unless it's collectors item, or hard to get items.

Nov 18, 2017 at 10:10 AM Post #16,734 of 45,723
Do you mean it will become a collector's item once discontinued, or that the 1Z is near to the end if it's production run?

The 1Z in it current state....is a Young Milky Cow. You don’t discard your Milky Cow this early :wink:

Yeah, I meant when it is discontinued just like Zx2, the 1Z will be a collector item. Sony usually does this when new Flagship players are rolled out :wink:. But at this time, we will more than likely seeing many used 1Z as people who don’t intent to collect it, want to get back some money for the next Flagship

Nov 18, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #16,735 of 45,723
The 1Z in it current state....is a Young Milky Cow. You don’t discard your Milky Cow this early :wink:

Yeah, I meant when it is discontinued just like Zx2, the 1Z will be a collector item. Sony usually does this when new Flagship players are rolled out :wink:. But at this time, we will more than likely seeing many used 1Z as people who don’t intent to collect it, want to get back some money for the next Flagship

Ah, I see :slight_smile:

I missed out on a new 1Z at a discount price yesterday as I waited too long to think about the price. I hope some more appear either pre-owned or new/discount soon.

I've got a gold fever here, and only gold will solve it! :wink:

Nov 18, 2017 at 10:25 AM Post #16,736 of 45,723

It might be, but who knows, have you seen the all the previous Discman, used one like the top of the range D555 is selling like 7X it's price, even sony's old classic IEM are going ar high prices. But i'm waiting for the anniversary DAP in the next coming year.

Nov 18, 2017 at 10:27 AM Post #16,737 of 45,723
It might be, but who knows, have you seen the all the previous Discman, used one like the top of the range D555 is selling like 7X it's price, even sony's old classic IEM are going ar high prices. But i'm waiting for the anniversary DAP in the next coming year.

I am awaiting the Walkman anniversary too! But isn’t that 2019 ?

Nov 18, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #16,738 of 45,723

I thought the 1A/Z and whole Signature Series were 70th anniversary products? Sure I heard that in an official video somewhere...

Nov 18, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #16,739 of 45,723
I am awaiting the Walkman anniversary too! But isn’t that 2019 ?
probably yes, but you can always buy another one 10 years after, there is never a end to anniversary models.

Nov 18, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #16,740 of 45,723
I thought the 1A/Z and whole Signature Series were 70th anniversary products? Sure I heard that in an official video somewhere...
I don't think it is, they haven't reach their 70th anniversary yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back