SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 5, 2017 at 5:32 PM Post #15,016 of 45,723
where is this option found ?

Display the graphic equlaizer, and then touch the toolbox icon. There should be an option for tone control......

Oct 5, 2017 at 6:37 PM Post #15,018 of 45,723
@proedros 150724296960838818978.jpg

Oct 5, 2017 at 8:48 PM Post #15,019 of 45,723
I just bought a life time license for Roon, and I found the landing page asking me to link to a Tidal account a little annoying (thankfully it can be dismissed and will never show up again).

I do use Tidal, mostly for my wife's music
when exercising. But I still buy the music I like and integrate it with Roon even if available to stream on Tidal.
But I would not mind a USB DAC feature so that in the cases when nostalgia hits me (and I want to listen to heavy metal), I can just load up and stream on my phone an old album used to own, and play it through the 1Z.

Oct 5, 2017 at 9:32 PM Post #15,020 of 45,723
I am still baffled with these scenarios both Low gain

MDR-Z7 driver 70mm, approx impedance 64-ohm ~ 70-ohm, sensitivity 102dB/mW
Sennheiser HD 201: driver size like 40mm? impedance 24-ohm, sensitivity 108dB/mW

Z7 volume 70 to driveto listeanble levels, and Sennheiser 80H (high gain) i tought Z7 were difficult to drive because ohmm, sensitivity and the huge driver units, but this seems beating the odds for me

Oct 5, 2017 at 9:38 PM Post #15,021 of 45,723
I am still baffled with these scenarios both Low gain

MDR-Z7 driver 70mm, approx impedance 64-ohm ~ 70-ohm, sensitivity 102dB/mW
Sennheiser HD 201: driver size like 40mm? impedance 24-ohm, sensitivity 108dB/mW

Z7 volume 70 to driveto listeanble levels, and Sennheiser 80H (high gain) i tought Z7 were difficult to drive because ohmm, sensitivity and the huge driver units, but this seems beating the odds for me

Lol......the case of....stranger things

Oct 5, 2017 at 10:08 PM Post #15,022 of 45,723
I do use Tidal, mostly for my wife's music
when exercising. But I still buy the music I like and integrate it with Roon even if available to stream on Tidal.
But I would not mind a USB DAC feature so that in the cases when nostalgia hits me (and I want to listen to heavy metal), I can just load up and stream on my phone an old album used to own, and play it through the 1Z.

Not quite sure I am grasping how this feature, if implemented by Sony, would work.

Are you saying that, as an example, one could run the Tidal app on their iPhone and have a cable connecting the iPhone to the 1Z (lightning iPhone end/Sony proprietary 1Z end) and then use the 1Z as the playback device for Tidal streams (Utopia/Z1R connected) with the iPhone as the controller of Tidal???

This would be AWESOME!

Oct 5, 2017 at 10:21 PM Post #15,023 of 45,723
Not quite sure I am grasping how this feature, if implemented by Sony, would work.

Are you saying that, as an example, one could run the Tidal app on their iPhone and have a cable connecting the iPhone to the 1Z (lightning iPhone end/Sony proprietary 1Z end) and then use the 1Z as the playback device for Tidal streams (Utopia/Z1R connected) with the iPhone as the controller of Tidal???

This would be AWESOME!

That is exactly what I meant and how I used Tidal on my Sony PHA-2

Oct 5, 2017 at 10:39 PM Post #15,024 of 45,723
Exciting and it would be amazing if this is implemented in future firmware.

Speaking of ROON (which I am now using with my Linn DS via a SonicOrbiter running Sonore's UpnP Bridge software) - now iPeng has come out with an update allowing an iPhone/iPad to act as a ROON endpoint.

I wonder if (assuming Sony implements this update) the iPhone can be a ROON endpoint and be run though the 1Z?

Have we had any confirmation that Sony will be implementing this firmware update??

Oct 5, 2017 at 11:07 PM Post #15,025 of 45,723
Exciting and it would be amazing if this is implemented in future firmware.

Speaking of ROON (which I am now using with my Linn DS via a SonicOrbiter running Sonore's UpnP Bridge software) - now iPeng has come out with an update allowing an iPhone/iPad to act as a ROON endpoint.

I wonder if (assuming Sony implements this update) the iPhone can be a ROON endpoint and be run though the 1Z?

Have we had any confirmation that Sony will be implementing this firmware update??

If Sony implements USB DAC function on the 1Z then it should just be a matter of connecting the iPhone to the 1Z using the Camera Kit just like you would with devices like Mojo etc.

Oct 6, 2017 at 1:02 AM Post #15,026 of 45,723
Thank you
Wow this would be wonderful if it was implemented - I have a Mojo which I used prior to getting the 1Z. The Sony is much better!

Is this firmware update speculation and a pipe dream or did this rumour start with someone having some inside knowledge or conversations with Sony?

Oct 6, 2017 at 6:24 AM Post #15,027 of 45,723
Thank you
Wow this would be wonderful if it was implemented - I have a Mojo which I used prior to getting the 1Z. The Sony is much better!

Is this firmware update speculation and a pipe dream or did this rumour start with someone having some inside knowledge or conversations with Sony?

Speculation and pipe dream.....according to what Sony had done with Zx300

Oct 6, 2017 at 11:00 AM Post #15,028 of 45,723
MQA not interested
APE meh, when I stumble upon ape files I convert them to FLAC

Bluetooth aptx HD interested somehow for BT. Car head units or wireless speakers.

USB DAC definitely interested in this one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back