SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Jul 7, 2022 at 11:40 AM Post #5,206 of 15,518
I been lately comparing dx320 to wm1zm2 and some of it vs dmp as well 😛 I have many hours on the dx320 now and its well burned in leta say.

Thanks to my friend @pdL389 he have offered me an extremely great experience to properly hear both daps and dmp.
What I can say, sony has its downs but in the end still wins and there is nothing to do. There an extra refinement here and there, sounds more pleasant, can grab an extra edge in textures and details. In every little direction you look while you use the sony you always realize oh yes here its a little bit more refined and sounds so amazing. Sony sound in wm1zm2 is as legendary as the first generation, it simply grabs your soul and shows you the music in a way like you never experienced before. Open your mind and let your self be manipulated and let the sony sound house do its magic with you! Yep its that good and still keeps going that way up.

I do enjoy my dx320 a lot cause it has some similarities to wm1zm2 and a bit more thin/clearer in sound. Dx320 os like a hybrid between 1a and 1z but more to the 1z side as it is a warmer dna.

I totally understand why 1z cost twice the price if dx320 and can live with that cause I understand the fundamentals and performance I got for it. But majority folks might feel dx320 is enough.
Though if you have a very high end gear and cables and audio library there is no doubt you will feel that 1zm2 is way more then just a 5% upgrade over dx320. Its the experience the way music is presented how you hear everything is just beyond and very organical, musical and enchanting!

Sony will still stay the legend and wm1zm2 continues that signature, Long live the king 1zm2!!!
Any comparison on the DX320 vs AM2?

Jul 7, 2022 at 12:06 PM Post #5,207 of 15,518
But it cost so much .. and u need to buy the best iem to match it. Easily sgd7-8k for the whole set up (cable etc)
Actually, the Sony IER-Z1R is outstanding with the 1ZM2 with stock cable. As is the Turii Ti, again with stock cable. 😆

Jul 7, 2022 at 12:11 PM Post #5,208 of 15,518
Actually, the Sony IER-Z1R is outstanding with the 1ZM2 with stock cable. As is the Turii Ti, again with stock cable. 😆
I use stock cables a lot with IER Z1R. I can make any type of cables myself but one thing I will tell you that the stock cables is so unique !!!

It is so freaking comfortable and with little to ZERO microphonic ******

Jul 7, 2022 at 12:16 PM Post #5,210 of 15,518
I use stock cables a lot with IER Z1R. I can make any type of cables myself but one thing I will tell you that the stock cables is so unique !!!

It is so freaking comfortable and with little to ZERO microphonic ******
Totally agree @Whitigir !

Jul 7, 2022 at 3:47 PM Post #5,212 of 15,518
The Z and A are almost identical, so it's roughly the same. Most people have an hard time telling them apart in blind test and some even fail

Jul 7, 2022 at 4:37 PM Post #5,213 of 15,518
But it cost so much .. and u need to buy the best iem to match it. Easily sgd7-8k for the whole set up (cable etc)

Well I don’t even know what is sgd7 😂🤣😅😅😅 but I can tell you ierz1r is the best iem that there is out there on the market! I love it paired with sony kimber kable

Sorry not yet I am waiting for my preorder to arrive from audio46

Bay Bloor Radio in Canada now has preorder's for WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2 home delivery starts in about 10 days if sony comes through with supply , limited supply available
https://baybloorradio.com/search?search=walkman

Yepers but me got mine rolled up from audio46 I save on taxes this way and it costs a little bit less to buy in usa for me 😇🙂🙃

Jul 7, 2022 at 10:02 PM Post #5,214 of 15,518
The Z and A are almost identical, so it's roughly the same. Most people have an hard time telling them apart in blind test and some even fail
Most people haven't even had the chance to listen to both at the same time...

Jul 7, 2022 at 10:12 PM Post #5,215 of 15,518
Most people haven't even had the chance to listen to both at the same time...

I will once the darn preorder get full field hence not even those who preorder back in may have received anything yet ridiculously long.

Jul 7, 2022 at 11:22 PM Post #5,216 of 15,518
I'm still considering an OG 1z or a 1zM2. I wonder how much the Taz and 1zm2 differ in terms of amplification performance with the MDR-Z1R.

Jul 8, 2022 at 2:56 AM Post #5,217 of 15,518
I'm still considering an OG 1z or a 1zM2. I wonder how much the Taz and 1zm2 differ in terms of amplification performance with the MDR-Z1R.
The difference between OG and M2 will come down to whether you need streaming or not.

TAZ can and will feed more power to the MDR-Z1R. For what its worth, Sony headphones are relative easy to drive so you will get enough with the 1ZM2 and more than enough with the TAZ.

Judging from your profile picture and signature, it seems that all you need to round out the Signature Series experience is that WM1ZM2 :wink:

Jul 8, 2022 at 5:39 AM Post #5,219 of 15,518
to all former wm1z owners who switched to m2.

no doubt, i love my flac files and albums on my sdcard.

no doubt, i love the original sony os on the wm1z.

however, more and more i do not only listen to dedicated albums i bought and have it as flac, i also prefer my new playlists via tidal and qobuz that is getting bigger and bigger inspired by this forum as well as suggestions from tidal and qobuz.

the overview of these playlists on tidal and qobuz are great. i can order it to added date and see the cover of all of the albums.

i use tunemymusic to sync playlists between tidal and qobuz.

problem: i don't always have the time to check my playlists, see what is new, buy the song or search it in my flac albums, put it into the playlist on the sd card and create a new playlist file and so on.

to make it short: it takes time and energy "to ensure" that the playlist on for example tidal is exactly replicated /mirrored as flac files and playlist files on my sdcard.

the more i realize that, the more i use wm1z just for my albums and my fiio m17 for streaming my playlists.

when buying the wm1zm2, i would have the best of both worlds, maybe.

BUT, if one can show me that there is a way to "automate" my routine and process, i would be very interested in that.

Jul 8, 2022 at 7:43 AM Post #5,220 of 15,518
Amazon US now has it listed too and says “usually ships in 2 to 5 weeks”. So hopefully stores will also get it soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back