Sony NW-HD5 coming June - maybe?
Apr 10, 2005 at 4:01 PM Post #106 of 203
It doesn't come with a remote does it? Also, does anyone know if they've addressed the background hiss problem that some were having with the HD3?

Apr 10, 2005 at 4:28 PM Post #107 of 203
I'm interested in the HD5, and from anyone who has used the model, can you give a detailed impression on it? Ease of use? How do the controls compare to the clickwheel of the iPod, how easy would it be to find songs, etc. etc. etc.?

Apr 10, 2005 at 4:38 PM Post #108 of 203
Like D specs + new features. Shame (in my opinion) d buttons r ugly - in that they don't match slick finish of player as a whole. + they don't look fancy enough. 2 whoever said it, on this post elsewhere, I also think Sony should use jog dial/wheel they now use wit new Hi-MDs. I think dis would be faster than holding down a button

Apr 10, 2005 at 7:03 PM Post #109 of 203
Quote:

Originally Posted by crustikid
sony1_04.jpg

etysmile.gif

Anyone else notice that it has the headphone symbol then says Line Out? Would it be a true line out, or one that doesn't pass through the headphone amp?

Any ideas?

Apr 10, 2005 at 8:00 PM Post #111 of 203
Quote:

Originally Posted by milamber
If its similar to the other sony DAP or MD i've used... theres an option in the menu to change the headout into a lineout. Not sure though. Someone with an HDx can probably tell you.

Yes, you plug the line out cable into the headphone socket, press,

Menu > Audio Out > Line Out

and it will work as a line out

Apr 10, 2005 at 8:50 PM Post #113 of 203
Quote:

Originally Posted by EpicZero
Another question, people are complaining about the buttons, now how exactly are they ugly?
confused.gif

I think they are just talking about the layout...maybe too much going on. I personally think that the player looks great and would rather have buttons than some kind of joystick or jog wheel that might get caught on something and break off.

Apr 11, 2005 at 12:24 AM Post #116 of 203
Any idea if the NW-HD5 will support OTF playlist?

An AV Watch Japan article cites improved playlist functionality. But if I understand it correctly, it just doesn't tranfer songs in a playlist created with SonicStage that are already on the player.

Looks like the 6 band equalizer is for ATRAC files only - just bass and treble for MP3s.

Pony

Apr 11, 2005 at 3:03 AM Post #117 of 203
Quote:

Originally Posted by PouncePony
Looks like the 6 band equalizer is for ATRAC files only - just bass and treble for MP3s.

I hate you sony, get over your self and your worthless ATRAC files that nobody wants to use. god thats the dumbest thing i've ever heard of, are they trying to piss everyone off?

Apr 11, 2005 at 11:14 AM Post #118 of 203
I agree, Sonic Stage is annoying. But in many ways I like that it’s there because for a lot of people it’s one of the main reasons why they haven’t switched over from the ipod…thank God! If Sony mp3 players became as popular as ipods then I wouldn’t buy them, no matter how good they were. 90% of people I walk past on the street have ipods so I’d much rather have something different. Anyway, that’s just my opinion – I don’t mean to aggravate all the ipod lovers out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back