Sony NW-A50 Series
Aug 8, 2022 at 9:12 PM Post #2,206 of 2,407
Would a 3.5 to 3.5 work? That would be much easier to find.
It would, but the output level might not be very high. I've been too cheap/lazy to get a proper LOD cable like nc8000 posted, so I've just used the headphone out into my bedroom stereo. Need to crank the volume of the A50 to max, and even then I have to turn the volume up on the stereo quite a bit more than other sources. Makes for a jarring switch when I go from aux to radio.

Also, it must be mentioned doing this will mean double-amping, which could incur the wrath of some of the Head-fi faithful:wink:

Aug 8, 2022 at 9:41 PM Post #2,207 of 2,407
It would, but the output level might not be very high. I've been too cheap/lazy to get a proper LOD cable like nc8000 posted, so I've just used the headphone out into my bedroom stereo. Need to crank the volume of the A50 to max, and even then I have to turn the volume up on the stereo quite a bit more than other sources. Makes for a jarring switch when I go from aux to radio.

Also, it must be mentioned doing this will mean double-amping, which could incur the wrath of some of the Head-fi faithful:wink:
Yes it is double amping but the S-Master provides a very clean signal so it’s not really a problem. Just max the A55 volume and then do the final volume adjustment on the car stereo or other amp you connect to

Aug 8, 2022 at 9:43 PM Post #2,208 of 2,407
Yes it is double amping but the S-Master provides a very clean signal so it’s not really a problem. Just max the A55 volume and then do the final volume adjustment on the car stereo or other amp you connect to
not to mention, if it's being used in a car, there's probably no way anybody could hear any degradation anyhow

Aug 8, 2022 at 10:03 PM Post #2,209 of 2,407
Hi guys how are ya? hope all is well.

I just lost my beloved NW-A55 last Saturday. Probably dropped it by accident in a public bus. Been calling loss and found of companies around the loss area since and still nothing so far. It had been my time machine as it reminded me of memories from nearly all stages of my life. Many of the songs and tunes can't be found anywhere on the internet anymore. Many audio files also came from tape cassettes.

Is there any way we can locate our lost NW-A55 remotely through the internet or something like that? This is very sad.

Aug 8, 2022 at 10:08 PM Post #2,210 of 2,407
Hi guys how are ya? hope all is well.

I just lost my beloved NW-A55 last Saturday. Probably dropped it by accident in a public bus. Been calling loss and found of companies around the loss area since and still nothing so far. It had been my time machine as it reminded me of memories from nearly all stages of my life. Many of the songs and tunes can't be found anywhere on the internet anymore. Many audio files also came from tape cassettes.

Is there any way we can locate our lost NW-A55 remotely through the internet or something like that? This is very sad.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but since the A5x isn't Android based, there is no way to track/locate it. All you can do is cross your fingers and hope somebody will do the right thing

Maybe if wherever you live has a Reddit page, try posting there. I have seen quite a few lost and found posts in various cities across Canada

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2022 at 12:13 AM Post #2,211 of 2,407
Would a 3.5 to 3.5 work? That would be much easier to find.
You can buy the Furutech cable also from Amazon Japan where I bought it in the early January. Hassle-free delivery to the EU. Amazon Japan already invoices with the VAT rate applicable to the country where one lives. So I did not have to deal with the local customs office at all.

Aug 25, 2022 at 6:45 PM Post #2,214 of 2,407
Is the A55 worth getting? Don’t want to get a Sony device with android os. How is the A55 against the A27? Does the A55 work well with line out to amp or even an external dac?

Aug 26, 2022 at 1:55 AM Post #2,215 of 2,407
Yes, it is definitely worth getting. I have not had A27 but I can say that A55 is marvelous per se.

On top of that A55 unlike NW-ZX300 and NW-WM1A/Z can do analog line out over its WM-Port connector. You will only need a special cable obtainable e.g. at Amazon Japan.

Have it burn in for approx. 200 hours and you must be happy.
I would also recommend trying @MrWalkman 's custom firmware. You can find more details searching in this thread or at NW-ZX300 or NW-WM1A/Z.

Aug 26, 2022 at 2:02 AM Post #2,216 of 2,407
Is the A55 worth getting? Don’t want to get a Sony device with android os. How is the A55 against the A27? Does the A55 work well with line out to amp or even an external dac?
A55 is pretty much the last of its line so you should get it before they’re gone :)

Aug 26, 2022 at 2:54 AM Post #2,217 of 2,407
Yes, it is definitely worth getting. I have not had A27 but I can say that A55 is marvelous per se.

On top of that A55 unlike NW-ZX300 and NW-WM1A/Z can do analog line out over its WM-Port connector. You will only need a special cable obtainable e.g. at Amazon Japan.

Have it burn in for approx. 200 hours and you must be happy.
I would also recommend trying @MrWalkman 's custom firmware. You can find more details searching in this thread or at NW-ZX300 or NW-WM1A/Z.
Thanks for the info!

Can I have the link and more info to the special cable?

Aug 26, 2022 at 3:01 AM Post #2,218 of 2,407
Aug 26, 2022 at 3:15 AM Post #2,219 of 2,407

You should go for it ! A55 is much much better than A27 if load with Mr.Walkman fw. A55 is still very competent even in the $500's DAP market now.
BTW, I owned a A17 quite a long time ago, sound was ok, but not impressed, and then sold it.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2022 at 3:23 AM Post #2,220 of 2,407
Thanks for the info!

Can I have the link and more info to the special cable?
Look for Sony WMC-NWH10 at Amazon Japan. It is a USB conversion cable with hi-res audio output.
You will need to connect this cable via another cable (with USB male connector on one end) to your amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back