1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sony NW-A40 Series NW-A45/A46/A47

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by bizkid, Jul 11, 2017.
First

Back
27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
Next

Last
  1. jant71
    upload_2018-1-29_16-7-15.png

Wow, thanks for the update(only two posts before of your posts too):wink:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  2. kova4a
    The A40 is like the a30 - they both have 5 poscap capacitors

3. Gosod
    I also listened to A40 and I think that they are similar, the A40 has a balanced output?

4. fish1050
    Yeah I thought that was the case, glad I am not getting senile just yet :)

Sony's DAP's are definitely a different animal when it comes to the design.

5. fish1050
    Yeah, sorry for the multiple posts, I run a home business and I tend to post and run between phone calls, no time to piece multiple posts into one. I have been saving up for the A45 for awhile and I am anxious for any updates I can get.

Love your avatar, I couldn't agree more. I work with handicapped kids and I spend alot of time reading with them. By far the most rewarding experience I have ever had.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  6. Sunova
    Should be great! Even Sony NL couldn't tell me when they will sell the new series (but that was 2 weeks ago). Now I ordered mine last weekend (Netherlands), because most online retailers are showing the DAP's now for pre-ordering (here in EU). Also I have a delivery date for February 12th right now! :)

Anyways! Looking forward to receive mine. Also very curious how it performs with the iems I use IE8's (16 ohm), E80s (64 ohm) and my brand new N3AP's (32 ohm)! Readed lot of great things about the A30 and also considered (like many) a Cayin N3 or a XDP30R, or even the AK JR, but now with the A40 and all the new features on this one you have a DAP which should be even better than the A30 and offcourse the quality build of Sony. They never let me down in the past.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  7. chinerino
    Hey The A40 does not have a balanced output! Only Single Ended 3.5mm jack at the bottom right beside the charging port!

8. Gosod
    scare2.gif

9. chinerino
    Yeah:frowning2: bummer actually but then on the bright side, Bal setup can fit a SE one by using adapters (i remembered you cant do it the other way round) so its not really an issue for my 2.5mm connectors!

10. kismetsky
    Amazon (ships and sold from Amazon) has their listing up: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0765ZPH6X/
    Currently showing "Temporarily out of stock" from them.
    Tied to the listing is Focus Camera as a reseller as well for the black version.

11. Gosod
    I read about this player, and I listened to it, it seems to me that the sound had not changed from the A35 shok.gif , the current and it is not clear what a good series A45.

12. chinerino
    Honestly to me I tried both A35 and A45, A45 sounds just a little bit clearer and whole. Besides their release date were so close together and i dont think it should have a lot of difference !

13. Gosod
    in addition to detailed sound you're watching?
    what about volume and bass?

14. Kingston12
    I agree, but the comparison is useful for those that might want to buy a reduced-price A35.

I have got an A45, but I notice that the A35 in the UK is now £110 compared to £180 for the A45, so I might have been tempted to get the older model if there is little difference between them.

15. Gosod
    if no differences then there is no need to overpay.

First

Back
27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
Next

Last