Sony NW-A40 Series NW-A45/A46/A47

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by bizkid, Jul 11, 2017.
First

Back
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Page 31 of 85
32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
Next

Last
  1. Kingston12
    Mine came in from AccessoryJack last week, but I haven't had a chance to use it until today.

I'll need a while longer before I get to grips with the sound quality, but a few initial observations:

1. The unit is much bigger than I thought it would be, having been away from Sony DAPs for a few generations. It is much wider and thicker than my A15, ut it feels much better built, and has a nice weight about it.

2. Content Transfer on the Mac is painfully slow. I dragged 35 tracks from iTunes this morning and 25 minutes later they has still not transferred. Has anyone else noticed that? It shouldn't be a massive problem for me as I have a 200GB card that will carry most of my music, but I do tend to fall into the habit of wanting to transfer something just before I leave the house in the morning!

3. Album art seems to work fine on the tracks I have transferred from iTunes so far. I haven't really followed the album art conversation above, but cna I expect this to change if I DON'T use Content Transfer?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  2. Gosod
    Content Transfer?

It's an old app I don't use it with 2010.

3. Kingston12
  4. shahkhan
    CONFUSE between this and fiio X3ii, plz suggest one, I like warmer sound without being too flat...

5. Gosod
    I compared the A45 and My Zx1 - I'm sorry but I would prefer the zx1 because it has more clear and detailed sound. scare2.gif
    98.JPG

shahkhan and iLFuma like this.
  6. iLFuma
    This :thumbsup:

7. shahkhan
    What about the bass of the two daps?

8. iLFuma
    I tried the Fiio x3ii and I have to say without EQ it sounds really flat and the build quality is better (all metal)
    The Sony without Eq has slightly V shape sound and is warmer.
    You can always pump the bass up as you want with the EQ :smirk:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    shahkhan likes this.
  9. Gosod
    A30 and A40 models more volume but no drive.

10. shahkhan
    No drive?? You mean bass?

11. Gosod
    no, I mean power and bass, I called it a short (drive).

12. Policelonton
    I feel a little disappointed because A40 still has no Extra Bass :frowning2:(
    I think I'm gonna change the earphone with Extra Bass, too bad for Sony :frowning2:

13. shahkhan
    It means sony daps are weak in producing heavy quality bass?

14. Gosod
    I talked about this, EQ does not help?

15. mundixx
    hi - long time lurker here. :) has anyone tried Zen 2.0 with this dap? amped/unamped?

First

Back
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Page 31 of 85
32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
Next

Last