Sony NW-A40 Series NW-A45/A46/A47
Jan 3, 2018 at 4:38 AM Post #451 of 1,998
Mine came in from AccessoryJack last week, but I haven't had a chance to use it until today.

I'll need a while longer before I get to grips with the sound quality, but a few initial observations:

1. The unit is much bigger than I thought it would be, having been away from Sony DAPs for a few generations. It is much wider and thicker than my A15, ut it feels much better built, and has a nice weight about it.

2. Content Transfer on the Mac is painfully slow. I dragged 35 tracks from iTunes this morning and 25 minutes later they has still not transferred. Has anyone else noticed that? It shouldn't be a massive problem for me as I have a 200GB card that will carry most of my music, but I do tend to fall into the habit of wanting to transfer something just before I leave the house in the morning!

3. Album art seems to work fine on the tracks I have transferred from iTunes so far. I haven't really followed the album art conversation above, but cna I expect this to change if I DON'T use Content Transfer?

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2018 at 12:04 PM Post #455 of 1,998
I compared the A45 and My Zx1 - I'm sorry but I would prefer the zx1 because it has more clear and detailed sound.
scare2.gif

98.JPG

Jan 5, 2018 at 5:07 AM Post #465 of 1,998
hi - long time lurker here. :) has anyone tried Zen 2.0 with this dap? amped/unamped?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back