Sony New Flagship Headphones is Coming on 2nd Sep, 2016
Aug 24, 2016 at 11:01 PM Post #3 of 20
Great news !!!

I hope its as flat as the MDR-V6, but with even more precise detail and a ridiculous soundstage!

Aug 25, 2016 at 4:33 AM Post #4 of 20
An open back flagship from Sony! If these fare better than the disappointing MDR z7 and share the same price tag, I think Sony will get another shot at competing in the high end again with how overpriced most flagships are these days.

Aug 25, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #5 of 20
To me, it looks like there might actually be two different headphones!  A new closed-back headphone in the first picture and a new open-back headphone in the second picture.  But the image of the headphone in the first picture is very small and blurry, so I can't say for certain.

Also, the headphone in the first picture seems to have a large protrusion on its lower right.  Maybe that's were the cable connects to?

Here is a zoom-in of the headphone in the first picture:

I've always been a Sony fanboy.  Can't wait to find out more! 
popcorn.gif

Aug 25, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #7 of 20
Maybe one of our Japan-based members can compare these to the new Technics EAH-T700 for me.I'm close to puling the trigger on them but also curious on how they fare vs the Ether Flow, Focal Elear and now the new one(s) from Sony.

Aug 25, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #8 of 20
Can't wait!

Aug 25, 2016 at 8:09 PM Post #9 of 20
Deeply sorry, guys...
The original thread was deleted from Headphone club, it seems this is not an official proved news... 
But this rumor is here since early this year:
The new flagship may be from sony new reference-quality unit, the price may be at the level 1999USD(i guess, as it is said more than 10000RMB)
Given Z7 was first announced in Cina(except on official website), so i still hope this will happen.

Aug 25, 2016 at 8:31 PM Post #10 of 20
I don't know.  While the picture of the open-back headphone does look like it could be a fake, the picture with the closed-back headphone, DAP and amp looks pretty legit.

I guess we'll find out for sure on September 2. 
cool.gif

Aug 26, 2016 at 11:15 PM Post #12 of 20
What I heard is Sony will publish a new flagship headphone with double crystal diaphragm and MDR-R10's cup, but it's plastic not wooden. 

Chopping down a 200 years old tree to make wooden cups is no longer an option I guess.

Aug 26, 2016 at 11:52 PM Post #14 of 20

Magnesium would be a  better choice and leave them unpainted. After awhile, they will have the luster of a vintage 1960's mag wheel.

The reason that they went with wood cups was due to voicing of the R10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back