Sony MH1C with apple earphone cable ?
May 15, 2013 at 2:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

canzz

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone I recently bought a Sony MH1C and I love it. But the cable is really uncomfortable. I've seen some of you guys have recabled it (some even made detachable cable!). 

I decided to recable (at least try) it. I never used my iphones earphone, im considering to use MH1C with apple earphone cable. 

Since I dont want to ruin MH1C Im planning to cut the cable just at the first centimeter and put apple earphones cable. But Im a total newbie I have never done such thing :) But I cant see why not. Have couple of questions though

-How many wires in MH1C cable? there must be three because it has mic?
-If I attach correctly do you think mic will work too?

Please share any kind of suggestion. Thank you...

May 21, 2013 at 9:31 AM Post #4 of 7
The earpieces will have two cables each, a + and a -.
You can cut the wire close to the earpiece (but give yourself some length to work with), and then solder to the new cable (avoid shorts). Thread heatshrink tubing over the cable first and shrink it when soldering is done.

The mic will work. The mic cable only goes from the plug to the mic so if you cut above the mic (closer to the earpieces) you won't ever see the mic cable.

May 22, 2013 at 1:12 PM Post #5 of 7
Actually you are right there should not be more cable after the mic. But After some research It seems Im too amateur for this :/ What kind of places can do this kind of jobs? Anybody on headfi who does it ?

May 22, 2013 at 2:49 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:
Actually you are right there should not be more cable after the mic. But After some research It seems Im too amateur for this :/ What kind of places can do this kind of jobs? Anybody on headfi who does it ?

Research the DYI area.  There are plenty of tinkerers and tailors that could help you out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back