Sony MH1C and. Monoprice 8320?
Dec 29, 2012 at 3:46 PM Post #31 of 54
Quote:

^ this.

I still think there are at least 2 "versions" of the MH1. I can't understand when people say their MH1 have a muffled sound/poor highs/excessive bass. Mine are very balanced (no gobs of bass as some have reported), with a crisp top-end which is brighter than my RE-272, and almost as bright as my Rock-IT R-50. Also, the detail retrieval on my MH1 is almost on par with the R-50, with an even better spatial positioning and a wider soundstage (no kidding).

I don't think they are muffled but I also feel they are not as detailed (ability to separate multiple high feq instruments) like my re0 nor are they as bright as my GR02 BE so in all I think they lack a little of the crispness at the high end.

Dec 29, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #32 of 54
Quote:
I don't think they are muffled but I also feel they are not as detailed (ability to separate multiple high feq instruments) like my re0 nor are they as bright as my GR02 BE so in all I think they lack a little of the crispness at the high end.

I also have the RE-0, and when I did comparisons between them and my pair of MH1, the Sony's blew them out of the water in terms of instrument separation, positioning and soundstage width. Well, this just reinforces my hypothesis that there are different sounding MH1s.

Dec 29, 2012 at 7:26 PM Post #33 of 54
Where did you get them? I mean, if we tie those connections to the seller we could maybe draw some patterns? Just perhaps.

I have the MH1C version from eBay Starhall guy. Everytime I EQ the treble higher, it immediately lifts a veil. So in that sense, it was how i notice a veil. I don't think I get that with other IEMs as whenever I EQ treble it's just brighter, not lifting any veil.

I also have the RE-0, and when I did comparisons between them and my pair of MH1, the Sony's blew them out of the water in terms of instrument separation, positioning and soundstage width. Well, this just reinforces my hypothesis that there are different sounding MH1s.

Dec 29, 2012 at 7:53 PM Post #34 of 54
Quote:
Where did you get them? I mean, if we tie those connections to the seller we could maybe draw some patterns? Just perhaps.
I have the MH1C version from eBay Starhall guy. Everytime I EQ the treble higher, it immediately lifts a veil. So in that sense, it was how i notice a veil. I don't think I get that with other IEMs as whenever I EQ treble it's just brighter, not lifting any veil.

Bought them from here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-MH1-Sony-Ericsson-Hi-Fi-Earphones-Earbuds-3-5mm-Jack-Anti-Tangible-Cable-/170929964385?pt=UK_Mobile_Home_Phones_Bluetooth_Acc_ET&hash=item27cc384561

Dec 29, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #35 of 54
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008CCSD7K/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

i bought them from here.
Accessory 4G is the seller name

Dec 29, 2012 at 11:32 PM Post #36 of 54
Got mine from amazon as well, thinking about using my monoprice cables to put on my mh1c, just would like to see how to get that black cap off the back to get at the wires. May give that a shot tomorrow.

Dec 30, 2012 at 1:01 AM Post #37 of 54
I'm going to borrow the Monoprice ones back from my cousin and see just how the compare to the MH1C, I think the Sony's will be quite a bit better imo.

Dec 30, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #38 of 54
I didn't like the monoprice, couldn't get a good seal, no low end for me and they were uncomfortable as well.

Dec 30, 2012 at 1:14 AM Post #39 of 54
Yeah for a 14mm driver they really didn't have all that much bass especially sub-bass.

Jan 9, 2013 at 3:25 PM Post #40 of 54
Quote:
 Most people don't mention what sort of music they listen to either so it's hard to establish a baseline.

i mentioned this before...    maybe the forum community should get together and decide on one song for all comparisons,, or a cd.. this way each and every ear piece can be compared equally....  it doesnt have to be a song that is liked.. just something that is recorded well..  just my .02 cents and also mention bit rate ,, and devices used and types of line outs....    

Mar 9, 2013 at 10:16 AM Post #43 of 54
the one big complaint I see over and over regarding the MH1C is the cable. People seem to love the IEMs but truly hate the cable. 

I noticed they are no longer available on Amazon. Is Sony updating the IEM, including the cable? 

thanks,

MrMonte

Mar 9, 2013 at 10:20 AM Post #44 of 54
Haven't heard the MH1C yet (will do so soon) but to me the 8320 has pretty weak stereo separation and imaging IMO

but can't be blamed for a cheap IEM

Mar 10, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #45 of 54
I haven't heard the Sony's But the monoprice I have. Played off a flat eq they don't have enough bass, however with some eq, that can easily be fixed. I think that is the benefit of the 14mm driver in that it can be quite versatile and eq really well. The soundstage isn't particularly large but I get decent instrument presentation. Will probably pick up the Sony's when the is an Amazon offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back