SONY MDRG82LP any good?????
Jul 2, 2001 at 3:26 AM Post #16 of 39
Quote:

Also In my entire life I have never seen someone wear grado headphone's outside, probably cause they would look really stupid or un-cool cause of there design, but for me it's all about the sound, I could care less what the thing looks like.

Well, Paradigm, I guess you haven't been to my neighborhood recently.........
wink.gif

Jul 2, 2001 at 3:42 AM Post #17 of 39
your telling me people wear those grado's out in public??
Well if your from the city I can see people doing that, but over where I am from semi-city, everyone only wears little portable ear phones.

Jul 2, 2001 at 3:46 AM Post #18 of 39
Quote:

Originally posted by Paradigm
Well if your from the city I can see people doing that, but over where I am from semi-city, everyone only wears little portable ear phones.

Man, I had big ol' SR-325's (and those are pretty big), and I'd where those in public a lot (coffee shops, book stores, etc.). Even now, I sometimes bring my HD-600's out with me.

Jul 2, 2001 at 3:48 AM Post #19 of 39
Quote:

Yup..........I do! And I don't live in a city.......I live about 75 miles from Manhattan on Long Island. Do people think I'm weird? They know I am!
wink.gif

Jul 2, 2001 at 4:25 AM Post #20 of 39
I sure wear my Grados outside, all the time. And I can tell you one thing, I wouldn't be caught dead wearing those G82's in public! (well...not anymore...)

Jul 2, 2001 at 4:32 AM Post #21 of 39
LOL... Grados look Cool!
wink.gif
wink.gif
rolleyes.gif

Hey, as the Grado shirt says, "If you think these sound good from over there, imagine what they sound like when you're wearing them!" (Apheared, please correct me on this one)

Jul 2, 2001 at 5:54 AM Post #24 of 39
Quote:

Hey! What happened to "but for me it's all about the sound, I could care less what the thing looks like."

Yeah, if say I go to the gym, or when I go out downtown Toronto.
You will never see me wear any grado's in my neighborhood; people will stare at me and laugh. People are so ignorant these days, and stupid, If they had any idea what the grado's sounded like, they wouldn't be laughing. I bet the majority of people think that SONY makes the best headphones, just because they style them nice.

The mentality of the mainstream with any electronics is, IF it looks good on the outside than it must be good on the inside. This is how company market there products, they trick the consumer by there products outer apprence. That's why Sony sells there cheap POS receivers like crazy over here. They put lots of buttons on it, and big fancy on screen graphics. Consumers love that ****, and then never get to hear real sound. Heck I hear people bragging about how good there SONY speakers are, these type of people if you mentioned the name ONKYO, Marantz, or Paradigm to them, they would be scratching there head.

Mainstream consumer only knows names like SONY, Panasonic, JVC etc....
You tell the average Joe that Phones can sound better than speakers they would laugh. Why cause all they ever heard was some POS sony, walmart brand, Panasonic headphones.

Anyhow I have rambled off topic long enough, sorry about that.

Jul 2, 2001 at 12:09 PM Post #25 of 39
At college, people didn't laugh at my Grado's. I actually had someone come up to me and ask about them because they "looked expensive." Also, why do you care what a headphone looks like. You *should* be paying for sound quality more so than style. That is the point you know.

Jul 2, 2001 at 12:48 PM Post #26 of 39
Though I consider myself an average consumer "Joe Public", I consider even the biggest, most expensive loudspeakers sold at mass-market superstores CRAP!
eek.gif

Jul 2, 2001 at 6:51 PM Post #28 of 39
paradigm, people are not going to laugh at you simply because of your headphones. If you're really that insecure though, just use them for home phones. Seems pointless to me though, I'd hate to keep my grados at home when I can use them anywhere I want...

Besides, as onix once said back on headwize, grados once got him romatically involved with a really hot girl. So maybe they're not so bad! And also, they look WAY better in real life than they do in pictures. That's what I learned fast.

Jul 2, 2001 at 7:44 PM Post #30 of 39
Just to reiterate the answer to your original question, those Sonys are awful. For portable use, get a pair of Koss Porta/SportaPro's, or some KSC-35s (you won't like the KSC-50s -- they won't have enough bass for you).

You said in another thread:

>Koss sporta/porta pros are the way to go.
>
>>I have listen to them, they suck ass, there cheap
>>headphones nothing more.

I'm afraid that if you really think that, all of our advice here is wasted LOL

The Sporta/PortaPros/KSCs are *NOT* cheap headphones that "suck ass" -- they are easily the best headphones under $50, and there are only a few clearly better under $100. They have great bass extension, and a very flat response. Are they the best headphones in the world? Of course not. But while people can disagree on *how* good they are, no one with a halfway decent ear for audio can say that they suck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back