Sony MDR1-ABT Impressions
Nov 30, 2015 at 9:25 AM Post #271 of 392
  Could anyone please confirm if 1ABT comes with EU volume limit in europe?

I'm in Germany and I'm planning to buy one but if its going to come with EU volume limit then I will import from some other country

Thanks

All I can tell you was that the ones I've tested in Japan were quite loud. I never used the European model so I can't tell about these.

Dec 3, 2015 at 8:12 AM Post #272 of 392
Does anyone use the 1ABT's with any of the Sony Walkman players? Wondering if the built in DAC in the 1ABT will override any of the sound processing from the Walkmans, particularly the ZX-2?

Dec 7, 2015 at 5:27 AM Post #273 of 392
I bought MDR-1ABT this weekend, this sounds ok with iphone and great with macbook air (aptx)

I have a Z3 compact phone. Could anyone please let me know if its possible to have LDAC in Z3 Compact? Is there anyway to check in menu or settings?

I tried connecting 1abt with Z3 compact but only getting 'aptx' message popup

Dec 7, 2015 at 6:24 AM Post #274 of 392
  I bought MDR-1ABT this weekend, this sounds ok with iphone and great with macbook air (aptx)

I have a Z3 compact phone. Could anyone please let me know if its possible to have LDAC in Z3 Compact? Is there anyway to check in menu or settings?

I tried connecting 1abt with Z3 compact but only getting 'aptx' message popup

It's not possible.
Only the Z3+/Z4, Z4 Tablet, and Z5 series have LDAC.

Dec 10, 2015 at 5:01 AM Post #275 of 392
I came across a  link for 10RBT where we can change the codec according to sound priority

http://helpguide.sony.net/mdr/10rbt/v1/en/contents/04/01/04/04.html

Do anyone know if there is anything for 1ABT?

Dec 10, 2015 at 6:10 AM Post #276 of 392
  I came across a  link for 10RBT where we can change the codec according to sound priority

http://helpguide.sony.net/mdr/10rbt/v1/en/contents/04/01/04/04.html

Do anyone know if there is anything for 1ABT?

No need to do that, the 1ABT automatically selects the best codec available.

Dec 10, 2015 at 9:57 AM Post #277 of 392
I am listening music using 1ABT with iPhone, Macbook air and Xperia Z3 Compact, all in wireless mode

sound quality is very uncertain with any of the devices, may be due to interference

But sometimes if I'm lucky, 1ABT with Iphone (AAC through Apple Music) sounds very good. I think 1ABT is selecting AAC and transcoding is not happening. But sometimes it gets very tizzy, sibilant etc

Using macbook air in aptx mode, sound quality is good but I am leaning towards iPHone if I'm playing AAC

its the same with xperia z3 compact in aptx mode

overall, if I get lucky I'm happy with AAC>Apple Music>iPhone>1ABT

I'm doing analysis in what circumstances aac sound quality is getting worse

Dec 17, 2015 at 1:33 PM Post #278 of 392
I was about the pull the trigger on the 1A's (after extensively listening to many other HP's at B&H store in NYC) this morning and came across this thread. I'm ended up getting the 1ABT's mid way through this thread. Thanks for all the info everyone! 

Dec 29, 2015 at 1:28 AM Post #279 of 392
LIKE NEW, ONLY USED FOR 3 HOURS. 

IN PERFECT COSMETIC CONDITION.

All accessories are included. Comes with a bonus hard carry case valued at AU$90 (imported from amazon to Australia) including all accessories that came with the case. 

Hard case fits the headphones perfectly

I’m asking for AU$440 plus shipping to the designated country. Willing to post internationally at buyers expense. 

Private message me if interested. 

Dec 29, 2015 at 8:30 AM Post #280 of 392
  LIKE NEW, ONLY USED FOR 3 HOURS. 

IN PERFECT COSMETIC CONDITION.

All accessories are included. Comes with a bonus hard carry case valued at AU$90 (imported from amazon to Australia) including all accessories that came with the case. 

Hard case fits the headphones perfectly

I’m asking for AU$440 plus shipping to the designated country. Willing to post internationally at buyers expense. 

Private message me if interested. 

Hi what case is that can u give me the link for it thanks

Dec 29, 2015 at 8:37 AM Post #282 of 392
  Hi what case is that can u give me the link for it thanks

It looks like the one I just ordered which should of been shipped yesterday but it hasn't been shipped yet. Ordered it a week ago. About to cancel if it doesn't ship by the end of the day!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014AOJJ26?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Guys which hard case do u guys recommend ?

I'd recommend the one with the link I just posted. I ordered another cheaper one but it was too small. I'm sending it back today. This DN1 case seems to be the only case that fits these nicely. There are others but they are VERY BULKY! Good luck find one that you like.

Dec 29, 2015 at 9:40 AM Post #283 of 392

It looks like the one I just ordered which should of been shipped yesterday but it hasn't been shipped yet. Ordered it a week ago. About to cancel if it doesn't ship by the end of the day!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014AOJJ26?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

I'd recommend the one with the link I just posted. I ordered another cheaper one but it was too small. I'm sending it back today. This DN1 case seems to be the only case that fits these nicely. There are others but they are VERY BULKY! Good luck find one that you like.

cheers mate 
wink_face.gif

Jan 1, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #284 of 392
Posted in eu deals thread:

43% off rrp at amazon france for anyone in the market for this LDAC bluetooth headphone.

Works out to about £156+£6 shipping to the UK.

On top of that, also has a 20% Sony rebate if you order now. It's French, so you'll have to go through a process to get the rebate.

Jan 2, 2016 at 4:39 PM Post #285 of 392
Kindly guys how does the Sony compare to v moda wireless and harman bt as I am on a trip and all are offered to be sold but I can't try any of those so I rely on feedback

I love bass and non fatigue sounds signature

Users who are viewing this thread

Back