Sony MDR-Z1R In classical music

IS Sony MDR-Z1R suitable for classical music

• Total voters
Sep 2, 2018 at 2:32 PM Post #151 of 214
Hope you find it to your liking bud.
I hear it once and it instantly became my end game goal :)

Sep 3, 2018 at 11:46 AM Post #152 of 214
Getting my pair delivered tomorrow.

So far what I have read that with a good source they become electrostatic like wow and that they combine the best of some great headphones namely, grados, planars and the Soundstage of the big open back cans

Sep 3, 2018 at 5:08 PM Post #153 of 214
@SONYES I saw the PHONITOR 2 and seems a nice amp, but I saw it has the balanced out at the rear.

Then I saw PHONITOR x, PHONITOR XE and PHONITOR E. Which have the XLR in the front.

All seem to be very capable amps

Sep 4, 2018 at 2:01 PM Post #154 of 214
@SONYES I saw the PHONITOR 2 and seems a nice amp, but I saw it has the balanced out at the rear.

Then I saw PHONITOR x, PHONITOR XE and PHONITOR E. Which have the XLR in the front.

All seem to be very capable amps
Hello
Yes Fonitor 2 is the professional model
BAL is indeed backward and adapted to professionals

The following are models without the number of things there are in 2
For more convenient use to the consumer
also
The balanced outputs are front

But the professional model is with two XLR backwards
Best regards

Sep 17, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #157 of 214
I have both the Z1R and the TA-ZH1ES. The headphones are amazingly comfortable and definitely beautifully built. The amp i'm not sold on with the 3 months I've had it. The wealth of output options is a real plus and again the build quality is awesome but i much preferred my chord hugo 2 for sound. I sometimes find the sound too laid back rather than stimulating or enticing.

Sep 17, 2018 at 10:10 PM Post #158 of 214
@SONYES
Things turned complicated for my MDR-Z1R shipment… it is being held by customs because they exceeded the maximum import value of $1,000 US dollar. I must hire a Customs broker/agent to help me import it. So far they asked me for the Paypal receipts, the name and address of @purk, copy of my National ID card, the tracking # for the parcel and the mexican Postal service internal control code which i had to write an email for it (answer in 24 to 48h).

The estimate payment i must do to the broker is:
1500 pesos of VAT 16% , this is the VAT 16% applied only to the exceeding quantity, so over $500 dollars
between 5000 and 7000 pesos + VAT for the fees of the broker services

Sep 17, 2018 at 11:07 PM Post #159 of 214
@SONYES
Things turned complicated for my MDR-Z1R shipment… it is being held by customs because they exceeded the maximum import value of $1,000 US dollar. I must hire a Customs broker/agent to help me import it. So far they asked me for the Paypal receipts, the name and address of @purk, copy of my National ID card, the tracking # for the parcel and the mexican Postal service internal control code which i had to write an email for it (answer in 24 to 48h).

The estimate payment i must do to the broker is:
1500 pesos of VAT 16% , this is the VAT 16% applied only to the exceeding quantity, so over $500 dollars
between 5000 and 7000 pesos + VAT for the fees of the broker services
Hello
I'm very sorry to hear that
Hope it will pass easily
Hope not to damage the device in customs-AS IN ISRAEL IN FEW TIMES
Yes, here in Israel too
Exactly the same thing you pay both customs and VAT
For the entire amount
Price of the device
Shipping
Customs duties over a certain amount
And for all it is calculated 17% VAT surcharge
Very annoying

Sep 17, 2018 at 11:09 PM Post #160 of 214
@gerelmx1986 Any thoughts on the Z1R? The Z1R + TAZH1ES is my first proper hifi system, purchased it with a Kimber Pentaconn for good measure.
Last night I had an incredible listening session, Bache Gabrielsen XO + Paul Desmond (Desmond Blue) + Sony Z1R = nirvana
I'm very pleased to hear that
They are amazing

Sep 18, 2018 at 8:03 AM Post #161 of 214
Any owners of the z1r ever wear them in public? Do they really stand out as looking conspicuous? I'm interested in getting a pair, but I do most of my headfi listening outside the home.

Sep 18, 2018 at 9:59 AM Post #162 of 214
They have big cups, and interesting design on them to boot, I wouldn't recommend then for outdoor per se, but transportable is doable.

Sep 18, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #163 of 214
Yes you can look pretty conspicuous wearing them -

1520957264402-Screen-Shot-2018-03-13-at-111854-AM.png

Sep 18, 2018 at 11:34 AM Post #165 of 214
Nah, but am tempted by the IER Z1R. May want to look into that if portability is a premium.
You know? The interesting thing is that the IER-Z1R is using Silverplated voice-coil windings. The Z1R now is still copper.

This is the call for the next Z2R, the successor, is going to more than likely be using Silver-plated voice coil too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back