1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sony MDR-Z1R In classical music

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by SONYES, Aug 22, 2017.
Tags:
?

IS Sony MDR-Z1R suitable for classical music

1. SONY FOR classical music

65.1%
  2. classical music IS NOT FOR Sony MDR-Z1R

34.9%
  3. AND WAY ...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
First

Back
1 2 3
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Next

Last
  1. Witcher
    I guess without having your ears I can't tell whether or not this will suit you. :)

SONYES likes this.
  2. Whitigir
    Well, Z1R has stronger
    and taste :D

SONYES likes this.
  3. SONYES
    That's exactly my dilemma
    There is someone who wants to sell these headphones
    I might go to him though
    Again I need my amplifier and my CD
    A little complicated
    Because there is not always the conditions that may sound noisy in the moment
    Which makes it all a hassle
    And you have to travel far
    With all this I'd be tired and then my ears would not hear everything I wanted
    When I'm relaxed at home in the air conditioner.

It seems to me that I have put myself into a dilemma again
    I hear opinions side by side

4. Witcher
    I do have to tell you this though... Barber's Adagio for Strings? By Leonard Bernstein?
    is much better with the HD800S. :)

if only I could get the HD800S in a closed back headphone format... with the comfort of the Z1R...

SONYES likes this.
  5. Witcher
    But Mahler's Resurrection? I actually prefer it with the Z1R. The dynamic range in that piece needs absolute silence. The HD800S is too open and subject to external noise.

And tha Bass? for me? it works better on that piece because you feel the impact of the orchestral hits. I dunno... maybe I like having the music thrown in my face. Hahahaha...

BTW, thanks for recommending that Mahler piece. It's great!

SONYES likes this.
  6. javertim
    I absolutely love my Z1R with classical and I listen pretty much exclusively to that genre. They do nothing "wrong" with this kind of music, they just lend a different tone. I do love having my HD800S and Edition X V2 on hand when I want to change things up, but I've been luxuriating in the Sony's lush voicing and find myself reaching for them more and more.

SONYES likes this.
  7. SONYES
    Yes all worlds - this is really the idyll
    So even you agree with me and can be quite a bit more in the frequency of the bass to apply.
    A mess with strings
    Excessive bass and are all unpleasant in the ear.
    It can cover and create a drop of smearing
    That I do not have in my HD800
    By the way, I have two completely different pairs of sound
    Just do not believe it
    The two HD800 two different sound types common is the external shape

8. SONYES

RECOMMENDS YOU THE RECORD OF SOLTI 1966 + 1981 The latter is with Chicago and Digital
    Bernstein with the New York Philharmonic recording of DGG 1987

With some amplifier you heard the Mahler
    Whether it was a file or CD

From the experience of the past I have not yet heard a file that sounds better than its counterpart on the CD

9. Witcher
    Oh wow... The Edition X. I'm trying to resist getting this one. I love the sound... But I can't bring myself to get a 3rd pair of cans.

SONYES likes this.
  10. Witcher
    The one I got was the Sir Simon Rattle with Berlin Philharmonic. Very good recording!

SONYES likes this.
  11. SONYES
    Do you hear a difference between the Z1R and the HD800

In those works and connected to the same amplifier when the source is the same source ??

And thank you for sharing your feelings and opinions

12. SONYES
    I do not have it on disk

Is this recording you have on disk or in a file?

13. sosrah
    If you are in Europe order it from Amazon , test yourself and send it back if you don't like it.

SONYES likes this.
  14. SONYES
    Thank you for your advice
    I buy from US
    Not familiar with the procedure
    And do not like to replace
    Just hope they do not send me a guy who has already tried?

15. javertim
    Oh, there is a CLEAR difference in sound signatures between my Z1R and HD800S, the former being lush and romantic and oh-so easy to listen to, the latter more clinical, sparkly, and precise. It all depends on my mood regarding which pair I reach for, but there's absolutely no denying that the Sony is the more "pleasant" listen... at least for me.

I use my iFi Pro iCan with both... Typically running the Z1R in solid state mode, whereas I usually pick tube (or even tube+) for the HD800S. I feel very fortunate to be able to have both and get to choose my poison, so to speak.

The Hifiman Edition X V2 is a very good marriage of both sound signatures and would be an excellent all-rounder. Love them!

And, since we're talking Mahler 2, the best sounding recording I have is the Bertini. It also happens to be one of the most wonderful and cohesive performances in my extensive Mahler collection. I typically listen to redbook, but I have been collecting Blu Ray Audio more and more.

SONYES likes this.
First

Back
1 2 3
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Next

Last