Sony MDR-XB950BT Bluetooth headphones
May 17, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #421 of 644
Thanks, guys, the burning-in process and the high quality mode indeed have improved the sound of my cans.  Very impressive!

As for the buzzing noise, I usually don't hear, but last night when I wore the cans, I heard it.  The surroundings were really calm.  This morning when the surroundings are not calm, I don't hear any buzzing noise.  Probably the surrounding sound negates the noise.

May 17, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #423 of 644
I used to have Sony MDR-1RBT.  It is a really good pair of bluetooth headphones.  I really enjoyed it, but eventually returned it because there is a new Bluetooth cans from Sony (MDR-1ABT) which I plan to purchase when it is available in the US.

In the pictures, MDR-1RBT looks smaller than MDR-XB950BT, but the ear cups of MDR-1RBT are actually wider than those of MDR-XB950BT.

Sound-wise, MDR-1RBT is far better than that of MDR-XB950BT (to my ears).

May 17, 2015 at 3:25 PM Post #424 of 644
Are they less bulky looking when you wear it? The only issue i have with the 950 is that they look ugly as hell when i wear them. It looks super stylish if u take it off, but when i actually use it, it looks odd. I have a round face, and i guess the 950 sticks out too much. Not to mention that the 950 are heavy enough to press on my hair, which i do not like at all. The 1rbt looks very similar to the 1a, which i have and like very much. But the 1rbt looks like it has thicker pads. Oh and the 1a doesnt press on my hair as much as the 950.

May 17, 2015 at 4:00 PM Post #425 of 644
I also used to have MDR-1A which is similar to MDR-1RBT.  I think the paddings of MDR-1RBT are a little thicker, but not by much.  The pressures of MDR-1A and MDR-1RBT are similar to me.

May 18, 2015 at 4:25 PM Post #427 of 644
Can someone help me please! I really don't know how to pair these headphones to my macbook or iphone by bluetooth. I did everything in the instruction, hold the power button until you see red and blue light, but my macbook or iphone just couldn't find it. This headphones only works with my android with NFC. It's such a shame cause my cheap bluetooth speaker can easily connect with these devices without issues.

May 28, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #428 of 644
  Can someone help me please! I really don't know how to pair these headphones to my macbook or iphone by bluetooth. I did everything in the instruction, hold the power button until you see red and blue light, but my macbook or iphone just couldn't find it. This headphones only works with my android with NFC. It's such a shame cause my cheap bluetooth speaker can easily connect with these devices without issues.

I have connected it to an iPhone without any issues, just make sure your Android bluetooth's off.

May 28, 2015 at 11:04 PM Post #430 of 644
I recently got these headphones a few weeks ago on ebay. I've been using them only for the gym. What I notice since yesterday is that I can't no longer use any of the functions from the headset. Like play or bass boost. I can't even turn it off. I have to either plug it in the headphone jack or USB. I can't seem to find how to put the device into factory settings. I even looked at the Sony PDF for it. Even my PC doesn't recognize it anymore. Any suggestions? 

May 31, 2015 at 9:00 AM Post #431 of 644
Is the sound quality much worse when using them in wireless mode? (When connected to a PC with a soundcard).

How can i connect them wirelessly to my PC which has a soundcard? I need to plugin a Bluetooth dongle/adaptor to my soundcard?

Jul 19, 2015 at 2:40 AM Post #433 of 644
  Is the sound quality much worse when using them in wireless mode? (When connected to a PC with a soundcard).

How can i connect them wirelessly to my PC which has a soundcard? I need to plugin a Bluetooth dongle/adaptor to my soundcard?

no, i dont notice a huge difference, if at all. plus the bass boost is only available in wireless mode.
get a bluetooth usb adapter, they can be pretty cheap.

Jul 26, 2015 at 4:11 AM Post #434 of 644
Hello All!

Hopefully this thread is still relevant enough. I'm new here, and it seemed to me like all of you were the people to turn to for insights on a variety of information. I am seeing a lot of mixed opinions here making it hard to make a decision, so I figured I'd post my specific situation and see what I got. I am caught between this set of headphones, the Audio Technica ATH-M50x over ear (with an amplifier), and original Sennheiser Momentum over ear (with an amplifier). I have never had a set of hi-fi headphones, and therefore have no references. I am aiming to stay under $200 (the Momentums are at $162 right now on account of the 2nd version being out).

I listen to electronic music such as dubstep, drumstep, and glitch hop as well as classic and alternative rock. I love deep, driving bass when listening to the electronic music, and a balanced sound that emphasizes the electric guitar some when listening to rock, and therefore would like to have some flexibility with the set. I am familiar with the use of equalizers, so any pointers there would be welcomed too!

For the sake of prospective, I listen to both kinds of music in my car. Its radio has a -5 to +5 bass and treble tune range, default at 0. When listening to electronic, I have the bass on 5, and the treble on -1. I love feeling the bass as well as listening to it. I also like watching the side mirrors vibrate with the bass because yes, I'm that kind of guy!
biggrin.gif
 When I listen to rock, I have the bass on 2, and the treble on 5. I put my phone on max volume and my car's radio at volume level 26 if that helps at all (not as loud as it may sound on paper, but still kinda loud). I am leaning towards this set of headphones because I plan to listen to electronic music more than I will rock through them. On my netbook, I have an equalizer that is always set to "bass and high boost", which I have used with my cheapo $25 headphones to get me by.

Also, if it wouldn't be any bother, could I also get some pointers on burning in headphones? I've never done it, and don't know anything about how to do it, how long to do it, etc. Again, I learned some stuff from this thread. Seems to me that there were some good results from burn ins here!

I am open to suggestions and information, and I have already learned a good amount from spending around 2 hours reading the 29 pages of this thread as it is! If you have a recommendation other than the 3 headphones I am currently considering, or any settings I am using, please do tell! Thanks a lot in advance for any help , looking forward to having the opportunity to talk to all of you!

Jul 26, 2015 at 1:28 PM Post #435 of 644
Hello All!

Hopefully this thread is still relevant enough. I'm new here, and it seemed to me like all of you were the people to turn to for insights on a variety of information. I am seeing a lot of mixed opinions here making it hard to make a decision, so I figured I'd post my specific situation and see what I got. I am caught between this set of headphones, the Audio Technica ATH-M50x over ear (with an amplifier), and original Sennheiser Momentum over ear (with an amplifier). I have never had a set of hi-fi headphones, and therefore have no references. I am aiming to stay under $200 (the Momentums are at $162 right now on account of the 2nd version being out).

I listen to electronic music such as dubstep, drumstep, and glitch hop as well as classic and alternative rock. I love deep, driving bass when listening to the electronic music, and a balanced sound that emphasizes the electric guitar some when listening to rock, and therefore would like to have some flexibility with the set. I am familiar with the use of equalizers, so any pointers there would be welcomed too!

For the sake of prospective, I listen to both kinds of music in my car. Its radio has a -5 to +5 bass and treble tune range, default at 0. When listening to electronic, I have the bass on 5, and the treble on -1. I love feeling the bass as well as listening to it. I also like watching the side mirrors vibrate with the bass because yes, I'm that kind of guy! :D  When I listen to rock, I have the bass on 2, and the treble on 5. I put my phone on max volume and my car's radio at volume level 26 if that helps at all (not as loud as it may sound on paper, but still kinda loud). I am leaning towards this set of headphones because I plan to listen to electronic music more than I will rock through them. On my netbook, I have an equalizer that is always set to "bass and high boost", which I have used with my cheapo $25 headphones to get me by.

Also, if it wouldn't be any bother, could I also get some pointers on burning in headphones? I've never done it, and don't know anything about how to do it, how long to do it, etc. Again, I learned some stuff from this thread. Seems to me that there were some good results from burn ins here!

I am open to suggestions and information, and I have already learned a good amount from spending around 2 hours reading the 29 pages of this thread as it is! If you have a recommendation other than the 3 headphones I am currently considering, or any settings I am using, please do tell! Thanks a lot in advance for any help , looking forward to having the opportunity to talk to all of you!

Best way to burn in is just to use them, don't worry about that. For deep rumbling bass the Sony is the way to go. Eq will make them shine. The momentums are most refined. High highs that are clear and non sibilant (from the on ear exp). Lows with reach low with good quality but won't be sony rumble. Definitely the most refined of the bunch. M50 should be a decent mix but if you plan to eq I think the Sony may give you the bass you seek with great comfort.

As always, best to try them yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back