Sony MDR-XB950BT Bluetooth headphones
Dec 4, 2014 at 5:32 PM Post #151 of 644
I would still call it more boomtastic than tight brain rattling bass. But I may not have great music choices to test. Post a youtube song I can use of music your thinking of and I will see what that sounds like. But I will warn you I just may be a horrible tester for this feature as I think the bass is about as much as I can handle without the bass boost.

Dec 4, 2014 at 5:36 PM Post #152 of 644
No worries, one more question. The dynamate I'm use to is for cars its the thick tar sheet with aluminum on one side. Is this what you guys use or is it different and where can I buy it if it is different.

Dec 4, 2014 at 6:11 PM Post #153 of 644
that's what I used.

Dec 4, 2014 at 6:37 PM Post #154 of 644
Finally got em, they were sitting in an Amazon locker for the last 3 days and found time to drive there today. Warmth without bass boost and earthquake with bass boost (rap music test tracks ). That's fresh out of the box though so I expect things to sound tighter soon.

Why isn't this mentioned in the manual?! Kind of a fail on Sony's part.
Yes, these are just like the mk2 in which you have to hold the power button for 2 seconds while holding the volume up to get the higher qualify sound = 3 blue lights after the red lights. Standard mode is 2 blue lights which they are set all the time till we change it every power on. Kinda sucks but hey its worth it. Power button for 2 seconds with volume button down is lower quality sound with more battery life.

Dec 4, 2014 at 9:21 PM Post #156 of 644
Mine just showed up at BB today..... pretty darn impressive - the bass on these are insane. Listening on my Note 4 to the new Eminem, ShadyXV, def got some sub bass here - the bass boost sounds great on this track. 

Not going to replace my Fidelio X1, but very impressed. Hoping to use these as a wireless headset w/ mic for Battlefield 4 on my PC as well, just need to figure out how to set this up. 

Dec 4, 2014 at 10:21 PM Post #158 of 644
These take a while to burn in, sound is still changing for the better since I brought them. I use milk, soundcloud, mix.dj app, Pandora, Spotify for streaming my music, what services or apps do you guys use? I'm surprised these sound good with other genres like disco, rock its not just for hip hop and edm.

Dec 4, 2014 at 10:30 PM Post #159 of 644
I haven't had time to try these with my 10RBT pouch and won't be able to try until next week but will test as soon as I can.

Dec 5, 2014 at 12:04 AM Post #163 of 644
I've haven't had any luck finding any 1rbtmk2 pouches yet on eBay or amazon.
I travel a lot so I'll need to find a decent pouch soon.
If anyone can find a reasonably priced 1rbtmk2 pouch for sale, shoot me a link, Thanks!

Dec 5, 2014 at 8:11 AM Post #164 of 644
I use the "EQ" app on my note 3 to listen to
-DI Radio app 320k
-Jazz Radio app 256k
-Rdio app 320k
-podomatic app
-milk app
for almost 8 hrs every day.

Can you link the app? i'm finding a few on the play store. 

Dec 5, 2014 at 9:31 AM Post #165 of 644
Tried these with the cord. Meh. Can't tell any difference from non bass boosted mode. Plus, it's a cord in my way. Jesus I must've listened to these about 5-6 hours a day since I got em. They're just awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back