Sony MDR-XB950BT Bluetooth headphones
Nov 23, 2014 at 8:13 AM Post #62 of 644
Am posting this in case some of you don't subscribe to the Deals Discussion thread...

Just basically got these for free from the Sony Store -- $100 statement credit on today's purchases if you're willing to sign up for their 1yr interest free, Sony Card via Capital One...'What's on your head?

Sony MDR-XB950BT for $99.99 with Free Shipping
http://store.sony.com/extra-bass-bluetooth-headset-zid27-MDRXB950BT/B/cat-27-catid-All-Weekly-Deals-Featured-Offers?_t=pfm%3Dcategory

Nov 23, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #64 of 644
Ordered a set today (after my newly purchased Beats Stduio Wireless started making a whirring / thumping noise in the right ear
triportsad.gif
), will report back later in the week.

Nov 23, 2014 at 10:51 AM Post #66 of 644
I ordered 2 pairs, one for a Christmas present and a pair for me to go along with my 1rbtmk2. Sometimes I want a little more bass
smily_headphones1.gif

Would be good to hear a comparison between these and the 1rbtmk2.

Nov 23, 2014 at 12:03 PM Post #67 of 644
When they arrive I will post my thoughts on both the 950bt vs 1rbtmk2. What i can say now is I did listen to them at Best Buy. The bass was definitely more pronounced on the 950bt with the button OFF. I will test them with different genres. Sometimes I want bass but not all the time. These will only be my hip hop, r&b, house cans. If you want a pair of wireless BASS cans that sound good too these 950bt's are gonna surprise you especially for $99. But remember you can't shut off the bass, you can press the button and add bass.
All depends on what you want (Bass cans or Sq cans).

Nov 23, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #68 of 644
People forget the 950 and buy the Sony Pulse Elite , the best sub bass you ever get ,i dont think does exist at this time a can with better bass and sound quality at the same time,trust me

Nov 23, 2014 at 3:49 PM Post #69 of 644
They are not bluetooth, plus these rock! They are more for gaming.... 99 bux can't go wrong! If you want bass cannons that sound insanely terrific? Try denon ahd600 they rock sub-bass! My favorite phones ever!!!!!!!!

Nov 24, 2014 at 4:24 PM Post #72 of 644
I received the 950bt's today. At 50% the bass does kinda over power the mids a little bit with bass button off. Sounds ok tho. Turn bass on and WOW. Sounds like my car when I had two 12" Alpine Type R's. Highs are good. Raise the volume and you can hear the mids better but it's loud. Not the best pair of cans if your only listening to classical, rock, bossa nova, jazz. But for what I bought them for (Hiphop, EDM) these are sweet. For $99 they are gonna be my new gym cans. For the other music I pull out my 1rbtmk2 where the sound is more open and crisp :)

Nov 25, 2014 at 8:44 AM Post #75 of 644
Just received mine, first impressions (after 15min):

• These are very comfortable and do not clamp.
  • Paired with my iphone 5s the volume is just a shade too low at top end.
  • With the bass boost button ON these are too boomy for my liking but I was prepared for that.
  • They look a little too bulky on my big head.

Will report back later when Ive hada longer trial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back