Sony MDR-XB80bs
Nov 7, 2016 at 8:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

mahchefai

New Head-Fier
http://www.sony.ca/en/electronics/in-ear-headphones/mdr-xb80bs

has anyone tried these? I am wondering how bassy they really are (I want some extra bass in the gym but nothing too crazy). any other recommendations for bluetooth in ear appreciated.

Nov 15, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #2 of 4
Hi,

I just got a pair. My primary motivator was the appx for HiRes over Bluetooth. I am pairing it with the Sony NWZ-17. Even though my primary use will be to listen while running I still listen with intensity and wanted as good a listening experience as possible.

I just got them a few minutes ago so my comments may be a little premature but my first impression is they don't get very loud. Based on a quick listen they sound okay although I will put them through a real test later. I was surprised they wouldn't get louder than they do. Maybe there is some hidden feature I haven't figured out yet but at this point I would like some more SPL.

The song skip feature seems to be difficult to use. maybe I'm just not used to it yet but it doesn't seem to work very well.

Nov 17, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #3 of 4
  http://www.sony.ca/en/electronics/in-ear-headphones/mdr-xb80bs

has anyone tried these? I am wondering how bassy they really are (I want some extra bass in the gym but nothing too crazy). any other recommendations for bluetooth in ear appreciated.

They are very bassy to me which I like. Still I dont feel like the mids and highs are left behind in quality. They get PLENTY loud so I am confused about the comment above mine. I will be testing them more vs my XB90EX tomorrow that I am off so I can provide some idea of how they compare. :)

Mar 27, 2017 at 10:08 AM Post #4 of 4
I tried them in an audition today, hoping to get one Bluetooth IEM for my workouts. The XB80BS has a big, bold and thumpy midbass that sets the pulse racing. No bones about it... there is definitely midbass bleed, more than I'd like. However the mid-mids remain relatively clear, and the treble is not piercing. The best thing is the ergonomics which are excellent.

I'm currently deciding between them and the Bose Soundsport Wireless which has the best rep among mainstream reviewers. I think the Bose sound signature might be more along my likes as I prefer a balanced signature, just a bit apprehensive about the fit in that one. If I get that it'll be a blind buy. Has anyone compared them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back