Sony MDR-XB500 vs Sony MDR-XB700
Aug 24, 2011 at 6:18 AM Post #136 of 173

Quote:
Be aware Logitech speaker headphone out sounds really really bad (I've only got a Logitech X-530 set personally but yea on this one it's really bad too). It's been confirmed by several people and even onboard sound sounded better sometimes (probably not for bassheavy playback in mind) but as far as overall sound quality goes.

What do you mean? You mean using the headphone outlet on the thing which has volume and bass control?
I tested it on my Z-2300, i can't hear any difference at all when i compare inserting the cord on the volume control thing vs inserting it directly on the soundcard.

And i'm quite surprised that someone here in head-fi is praising some ancient Creative Audigy crap from stone age. (I know, special audio drivers and EQ and blah but still).
No offense though.

Nov 18, 2011 at 8:44 PM Post #137 of 173
 Haven't been in Head-Fi for a long time... I'm still using Z5500 as the source for my headphones, which are still the same, XB500 :). I haven't got any new soundcard, didn't know what to do, so I sticked to Z5500. I don't know how is it with other people, but my on-board soundcard is really crappy. It sounds so distorted at every single frequency level. I have tried different cheap soundcards which were still the same. But I'm so used to listening from my speakers connection, it sounds good enough from it, even more than enough for a source like that. Maybe I'll buy Xonar Essence STX later, but I'm patient about that.

Thinking of getting new headphones, Sennheiser HD448, such a "bang for the buck", as they say. Those aren't such bass directional headphones, but I just felt that I need something more... humane and pure for a change :p.

Dec 20, 2011 at 1:06 PM Post #138 of 173
cheers ! i have a question,i m new sou i dont know how to open a thread...... i have xb500 and i want to buy the xb700 ? do u think is worth ??

Dec 21, 2011 at 4:10 PM Post #139 of 173
OMG ! guys hellooooooo ??   is not the HEADPHONE ! is the  brain !.Is an automatic pre safe for our health,the brain order to 'hear less' to avoid damaging the ears.

Jan 3, 2012 at 6:29 PM Post #140 of 173
I've yet to read through this whole thread.

I tried on the Beats Studios at the Apple Store again and it rattles my brains harder than my Pro 900 (60 hours burn-in).

I'm deciding between the Pro700MK2, LP2, and XB500/700.
I'm looking for fun cans that can rattle my brains and vibrate my eardrums harder than the Beats (Sub-woofer-feel). I don't need balance and that much clarity as I have my Pro 900 for that.
Which cans would best fit that description from best to least? And do they have more quantity than the Beats? (For even MORE I'm looking to drive them with the ZO2 which I'm going to purchase in the near future)

Jan 4, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #141 of 173
buy the xb500 you dont need any amp,straith to the box if you have a good source they will blow your head whith the thumping bass

Jan 4, 2012 at 5:00 PM Post #142 of 173
RPG please help me !

i m very happy whith my xb500 but i want to know that does exist another headphones more bassy than this ? i understand xb700 are less bassy than 500s.

beats studio do u think have more bass ??

thx

Jan 4, 2012 at 5:36 PM Post #143 of 173

Quote:
buy the xb500 you dont need any amp,straith to the box if you have a good source they will blow your head whith the thumping bass

Thanks. I'm going to buy the ZO2 amp anyway because I need them to properly drive my Pro 900.

Quote:
RPG please help me !

i m very happy whith my xb500 but i want to know that does exist another headphones more bassy than this ? i understand xb700 are less bassy than 500s.

thx

This is exactly what I'm wondering between the XB500, LP2, and Pro700MK2.
You should def go to Best Buy or the Apple store to audition the Beats since almost every store carries them. Them you could report back to me :)

Jan 4, 2012 at 6:25 PM Post #144 of 173

Quote:
RPG please help me !

thx

Nah there's no bassier headphone than XB500, there's about equally bassy headphones in V-Moda LP2 and Pro700MK2 (and JVC HA-M5X but don't bother with those JVCs, they suck). The LP2 vs XB500 seems to have very slightly stronger midbass impact so it really "hits" you hard but it loses out to XB500 in subbass impact though so they are pretty equal in bass quantity, depends which bass is more important to you.

Jan 6, 2012 at 7:05 AM Post #145 of 173
thx man,i repeat i'm very very happy whith my xb500 but u know....allways u want more bass:))) are u 100% shure than the 700s have less bass?

Jan 6, 2012 at 7:14 AM Post #146 of 173
by the way for all the people who want to buy the Sony xb500.

IF YOU HAVE A SHEETY SOURCE LIKE IPOD TOUCH,IPHONE AN ALL THE APPLE PRODUCTS THEY WILL SOUND HORRIBLE TRUST ME, i have ipod touch and the sound is bad man whith pretty all the headphones,earphones, When i plug the xb500 in my Sony vaio f11 m1h is totally another world,the sound and the bass is AMAZING  is hard to believe but trust me is another league.

I have also PHILIPS GO GEAR ARIAZ 16GB  and sound much,much better than APPLE products.(almost 70% like my Sony vaio F) the APPLE sound 40% like my S V F.

Jan 6, 2012 at 7:22 AM Post #147 of 173
RPG i have also Bose in ear 1 and trust me the bass is depper than xb500 bass but the overall sound quality is much,much better for the xb500,the bose in ear 1 have more deep bass but everything alse is drowned sou bad and sounds mufled+ the xb500 goes much,much louder eveen they have 40mm drivers.... sou the Bose eficiency is bad,and when u pass above 90% of volume all the sound spectrum get sou badly mess up,whith the xb500 even at 100/volume thei never distort and the sound is perfect.

Cheers !

Feb 5, 2012 at 11:45 PM Post #148 of 173
While I respect opinion, I am not sure how anyone can seriously argue that the XB500 is better.

I owned the XB500 for three weeks, and bought the XB700 concurrently. The XB700s are significantly more detailed, the bass is not as muddy, and it simply sounds better.

If you own the XB500, I recommend not wasting money on the XB700 and upgrading to a headphone in the 200 dollar range. Any other upgrade does not make much financial sense.

Feb 27, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #149 of 173
Hey, I just read your comment about the JVC HA-M5X saying that they suck.
I'm a little curious as to why you say they're bad. Have you tried them, or heard bad things about them?
Or is it the way they look or the Brand?
Thanks,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back