Sony MDR-XB1000 vs Denon AH-D2000 - Coming from XB700's
Dec 31, 2011 at 2:16 PM Post #76 of 131
Listening to the album HIGH VOLTAGE ,by ACDC right now on the pro 900 , sounds great ! electric guitar sounds awesome ,only criticism i have is cymbals clashes are brimming over with tones of energy so much so that it makes them a bit unnatural sounding , 

Jan 2, 2012 at 5:46 AM Post #77 of 131

Quote:
Listening to the album HIGH VOLTAGE ,by ACDC right now on the pro 900 , sounds great ! electric guitar sounds awesome ,only criticism i have is cymbals clashes are brimming over with tones of energy so much so that it makes them a bit unnatural sounding , 

interesting - do they sound HARSH to your ears at all?

And are you amping them?
If so, then how do they sound un-amped. And vice-versa.

I'm VERY much excited to get my D2K's!
I don't think for one minute they will fulfil my basshead needs - but for headphones, I prefer an all rounder + comfort.
Especially when it comes to gaming, I love an excellent sound stage.

Jan 2, 2012 at 5:53 AM Post #78 of 131

Quote:
I don't think for one minute they will fulfil my basshead needs - but for headphones, I prefer an all rounder + comfort.

Actually, I think you will be surprised and maybe retract that statement for a bit. 
wink.gif

Don't worry, the D2000 is not short after the Pro 900 in terms of bassheadedness.

Jan 2, 2012 at 6:00 AM Post #79 of 131

Quote:
Actually, I think you will be surprised and maybe retract that statement for a bit. 
wink.gif

Don't worry, the D2000 is not short after the Pro 900 in terms of bassheadedness.

I think only a VERY few people on these forums know what I mean in terms of bass here.
By that I mean, Luco knows how much the TFTA 1XB's pound in terms of bass.
Granted i'm comparing headphones with earphones, but I don't think I'll be satisfied in bass quantity and bass punch.

I'm already expecting this. Possibly not disappointed as such, but not wow'ed by the bass. I highly doubt the Pro 900's would give me this feeling either.
Possibly as Luco said, the d5k's or even better the d7k's.
but then again I'll be speaking £500+ there, which i don't have to blow on headphones.

Jan 2, 2012 at 6:26 AM Post #80 of 131

Quote:
I think only a VERY few people on these forums know what I mean in terms of bass here.
By that I mean, Luco knows how much the TFTA 1XB's pound in terms of bass.
Granted i'm comparing headphones with earphones, but I don't think I'll be satisfied in bass quantity and bass punch.

I'm already expecting this. Possibly not disappointed as such, but not wow'ed by the bass. I highly doubt the Pro 900's would give me this feeling either.
Possibly as Luco said, the d5k's or even better the d7k's.
but then again I'll be speaking £500+ there, which i don't have to blow on headphones.

I'm not sure if the D5k and the D7k really has that much more bass then the D2k. The Pro 900 has pretty much bass. Oh well, we will see if you are satisfied or not! :)

Jan 2, 2012 at 6:29 AM Post #81 of 131

Quote:
I'm not sure if the D5k and the D7k really has that much more bass then the D2k. The Pro 900 has pretty much bass. Oh well, we will see if you are satisfied or not! :)

I'm pretty sure the d5k's have more bass and so do the d7k's, but I could be wrong! I can't speak from experience :frowning2:

I sure will let you guys know - hopefully I'll get to demo a pre-burned in pair in HMV or something, before even listening to my un-burned in pair :)

Jan 2, 2012 at 7:04 AM Post #82 of 131
Greetings!

As per any worries I can assure you that the pro 900's perform quite admirably unamped. I've tested mine with my smartphone (Samsung galaxy s2), an iPod touch, and also a standard jack on a MacBook pro. As most other headphones, however, with a proper amp/dac , these headphones will assuredly put you into electronic dance music heaven.

Jan 2, 2012 at 7:49 AM Post #84 of 131

Quote:
Greetings!

As per any worries I can assure you that the pro 900's perform quite admirably unamped. I've tested mine with my smartphone (Samsung galaxy s2), an iPod touch, and also a standard jack on a MacBook pro. As most other headphones, however, with a proper amp/dac , these headphones will assuredly put you into electronic dance music heaven.

Oh great! A fellow SGS users :D!
Cheers for the confirmation bro!!

PS. you tried it with the voodoo control app (if your rooted that is)?

Quote:
The D7000 has less bass than the D2K, D5K and Pro900. Higher end models tend to aim for a more balanced FR. Not that the D7000 is hugely balanced compared to other flagships.

Hm interesting!
So out of the d2k's and d5k's which has the "better" or should i say punchier, and stronger bass?

I guess about the d7k's i was wrong, and yes your right, more balanced. Seeing as u can use an amp or should i say, need to use an amp for high-end headphones like the d7k's, so that you can fine tune it to your taste.
Is this a correct assumption or?

Jan 2, 2012 at 9:51 AM Post #87 of 131

Quote:
interesting - do they sound HARSH to your ears at all?

And are you amping them?
If so, then how do they sound un-amped. And vice-versa.

Especially when it comes to gaming, I love an excellent sound stage.

Yes i am amping them ,and not really harsh sounding ,they were very harsh out of the box ,check out what i said about them in my headphone thread.
Not sure if i have ever used them unamped to be honest . will give them a try later .

Jan 2, 2012 at 9:57 AM Post #88 of 131

Quote:
wink.gif

The bass on the Pro 900 really is not that strong or heavy and i am not the only one one this forum that has said that ! .It is never going to satisfy a true basshead  
basshead.gif

Jan 2, 2012 at 11:00 AM Post #89 of 131

Quote:
The bass on the Pro 900 really is not that strong or heavy and i am not the only one one this forum that has said that ! .It is never going to satisfy a true basshead  
basshead.gif

That is ridiculous! How much more bass can a can have? 
confused_face_2.gif

How much moar bass IS there to have in the first place?

Jan 2, 2012 at 11:35 AM Post #90 of 131

Quote:
How much moar bass IS there to have in the first place?

A basshead want just bass, the rest is superfluous,lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back