Sony MDR xb1000? NEw? OMG
Jan 16, 2011 at 9:28 PM Post #137 of 505
ooo^^^ :D any one have any more news on these?!

Jan 16, 2011 at 9:32 PM Post #138 of 505

Quote:
ooo^^^ :D any one have any more news on these?!

not yet....but the BASS eargasms I'm getting with my XB700 are making me drool for the XB1000 so much
biggrin.gif
basshead.gif

Jan 16, 2011 at 10:40 PM Post #140 of 505

Quote:
Quote:
From the very definition I would suspect there is no sound that travels lower than the speed of sound, otherwise it would be wrong right?

Correct
wink.gif
The only thing that slows down sound is interference, for e.g. Traveling through different materials - Refraction happens, the sound waves have to bend due to the change in speed etc. Blah blah blah.
God I listened in my A level Physics. Ha.

Actually the veloicty that sound travels at is largely dependent on medium. Sound travels roughly 4.5 times faster in water than in air. The hotter the temperature of the air/water/medium the faster sound travels.

Interference is when sound waves of the same frequency collide, which has no effect on the speed of the sound waves. It causes an interference pattern of constructive interference (where waves in phase collide) and destructive interference (where waves out of phase collide), where the sound would be louder and quieter respectively.

I think the refracting of the sound wave as it changes medium is pretty irrelevant here. I believe your talking about an observed bend in a line of light when it travels into and out of a different medium, which is a result of the change in velocity it experiences going into and out of the different medium.

FWIW subsonic = below the range of human hearing (roughly 20Hz with maybe slightly below that being able to be felt but not heard). Supersonic = above the range of human hearing (roughly 20kHz but decreases with age, e.g. blind bats use supersonic frequencies to interpret their surroundings by hearing the reflections of the supersonic screams). Sub- or Super- sonic has nothing to do with sound velocity, just frequency relative to human hearing.

/physics

Would be interesting to hear these cans, might be worth getting for myself for fun.

Jan 17, 2011 at 5:56 PM Post #141 of 505
Would love to try them for myself.... These headphones changed the way I think about life itself
eek.gif
 (just look at my avatar)
I made an account just to say that ALL of the xb1000 Sony are gonna manufacture are MINE 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 17, 2011 at 7:07 PM Post #142 of 505

Quote:
Would love to try them for myself.... These headphones changed the way I think about life itself
eek.gif
 (just look at my avatar)
I made an account just to say that ALL of the xb1000 Sony are gonna manufacture are MINE 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Welcome to H-F fellow basshead. My son is 13 and he didn't want to listen to dad's new XB700.
frown.gif

He does like a lot of my strange Electronic music...Shpongle,Infected Mushroom,Plastikman,Ozric Tentacle,Kraftwerk,,,etc

Jan 17, 2011 at 8:06 PM Post #145 of 505

Quote:
Quote:
eek.gif
 (just look at my avatar)
very_evil_smiley.gif

Welcome to H-F fellow basshead. My son is 13 and he didn't want to listen to dad's new XB700.
frown.gif

He does like a lot of my strange Electronic music...Shpongle,Infected Mushroom,Plastikman,Ozric Tentacle,Kraftwerk,,,etc

LOL uh oh... hopefully your son isn't complementing/synergizing the music with non electronic "equipment". :wink:

Jan 17, 2011 at 8:48 PM Post #146 of 505

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
eek.gif
 (just look at my avatar)
very_evil_smiley.gif

frown.gif

LOL uh oh... hopefully your son isn't complementing/synergizing the music with non electronic "equipment". :wink:

lol. No, I'm sure of that. My odd taste in music has just worn off on him when he visits my music room.

I'm just glad that he isn't into mainstream crap on the radio. He listens to a wide variety as I do. He plays violin and likes Classical of course. He likes my Spock's Beard and Neal Morse too. He wants to join H-F but I'd like him to wait. He lives on Xbox, PS3, PSP and Wii.

Jan 17, 2011 at 9:06 PM Post #147 of 505

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
eek.gif
 (just look at my avatar)
very_evil_smiley.gif

frown.gif

lol. No, I'm sure of that. My odd taste in music has just worn off on him when he visits my music room.

I'm just glad that he isn't into mainstream crap on the radio. He listens to a wide variety as I do. He plays violin and likes Classical of course. He likes my Spock's Beard and Neal Morse too. He wants to join H-F but I'd like him to wait. He lives on Xbox, PS3, PSP and Wii.

Get him outside! Barefoot if possible, thin soled shoes if not. Bikes, scooters, skateboards and the like- good stuff. That will develop all of him, not just his hand eye coordination and thumbs. Also, make sure he gets a pair of XB1000s. 

Jan 18, 2011 at 9:38 AM Post #148 of 505
I'm interested in this pair of headphones too!
Hope to see it in stores sooon!

Jan 18, 2011 at 5:21 PM Post #150 of 505

Quote:
Anybody knows release date? Other than spring?

No, I keep searching everyday for more info about this headphone, didn't find any more info when I just checked. ^^ My guess it's at least 2 months away as it's not even up on the japanese Sony site yet .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back