Sony MDR-V700DJ mod question
Nov 5, 2002 at 2:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

bangraman

Headphoneus Supremus
It seems like I can't shift these phones for anywhere near a reasonable amount and there's been plenty of calls from my non-headfi ads but they all try and haggle for unrealistic prices
mad.gif
In which case I might as well hang on to these but I had an idea. I was looking at Fixup's site yesterday and it mentioned a Koss KSC-35 that he'd tacked a couple of resistors onto.
The question is what would the difference be apart from the obvious ones if I made up a resistor cable, compared with actually soldering the resistors inside the cups? And which wire should I stick the resistor on? Any other hints and tips? Thanks

Nov 5, 2002 at 10:05 PM Post #2 of 6
*coughebaycough*

Biggie.

Nov 6, 2002 at 3:45 AM Post #3 of 6
First you should figure out whether wiring resistors to the V700 would make improvements to the sound.
confused.gif

What did Fixup say about the change of sound characteristics of the KSC35 with resistors wired?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 6, 2002 at 8:02 AM Post #4 of 6
Fixup says, and it's also obvious, that the bass will be tamed. The main reason for the V700 sounding 'bad' as people here say is probably because they are too easy to drive for the size of driver and the bass is, well kind of strong
biggrin.gif

I was curious whether the resistor would make the sound more controlled. I suppose I can do the same test with the MDR-7509 though.
ebay? I got so many frauds there on different stuff that I dont bother to use it anymore.

Nov 6, 2002 at 9:46 AM Post #5 of 6
it's pretty easy to make a cable that will add resistance to any of your headphones. Just add a resistor between the left and right signal wires and leave the ground alone. I've experimented with this a little myself and it does bring the bass a bit more into line, unfortunately i haven't been able to try out different resistor values and won't be able to for another 3 weeks or so. I'll revisit mine and tell you what i find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back