Sony MDR-V700DJ good?
Apr 24, 2008 at 4:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Sina

New Head-Fier
2d75zww.jpg

they seem to be the headphone that one of the best djs in the world is using, Tiesto. But they are cheap around 100$ how is that possible?

but anyways are they good? are they comfortable? i know it has good bass though. Even though it is DJ can it be used at home, or outside?

Apr 24, 2008 at 4:20 PM Post #3 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sina /img/forum/go_quote.gif
they seem to be the headphone that one of the best djs in the world is using, Tiesto. But they are cheap around 100$ how is that possible?

Mass production.
Quote:

but anyways are they good?

No.
Quote:

are they comfortable?

I thought they were
Quote:

i know it has good bass though. Even though it is DJ can it be used at home, or outside?

It can be used either way, but for the price, there are much better choices.

Apr 24, 2008 at 4:27 PM Post #4 of 21
alright thanks for the answer. but there aren't many headphones that are nice as that one. all of the ones that have been suggested are pretty ugly. just wanted a sleek and good headphone for around 250$.

Apr 24, 2008 at 4:56 PM Post #6 of 21
I have these...years ago I thought they were great until I started trying other things. They are easy to drive, put out a lot of sound, but they are muddy, flabby, don't have great resolution or separation, and boom like crazy. They don't suck, but I would go with a lot of other phones first. Are they comfy? Well, they seal out pretty well, stay on, and make your ears sweat a lot. The ear pads are kinda firm. They are heavy too.

Apr 24, 2008 at 5:06 PM Post #7 of 21
Ohh... look it's the fa*t cannon!!
biggrin.gif

I second what Golden Monkey says. These are made to suit the taste of the mass, but not the few of us here. Good bass =/= boomy bass, what these have are lots and lots of mid bass, but the quantity cannot make up the quality.

If you are going to use them at home, why care about the look? If you are going to use outside and want sleek and stealthy headphones, I would seriously suggest to go with IEMs, at $250 there are plenty of choices there.

Apr 24, 2008 at 5:26 PM Post #8 of 21
Quote:

alright thanks for the answer. but there aren't many headphones that are nice as that one. all of the ones that have been suggested are pretty ugly. just wanted a sleek and good headphone for around 250$.

It is not a nice headphone. The looks are not bad but that's about it. Who cares about the looks anyways as you use it in your home and you won't see them while they sit on your head....
I've had 2 in the past which I used at home and out on the go. They suck. Bass is aweful, way too much and boomy over the top. Besides that nothing much there.
And another BIG con is that they easily break:
2d75zwwin2.jpg

Always on that same position. Happened with both my pairs. Sony sucks.

If you look harder, there are more aesthetic models out there for an affordable price. I know they excist just not where as that's not where my personal interest is at.

Apr 24, 2008 at 5:30 PM Post #9 of 21
I can second that...mine has cracks on those same two spots. I think it's from using them the way Sony intended, lol...folding them up puts too much strain on that pivot point.

Apr 24, 2008 at 6:01 PM Post #10 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Golden Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can second that...mine has cracks on those same two spots. I think it's from using them the way Sony intended, lol...folding them up puts too much strain on that pivot point.

Even worse; I never folded the headphones, I just used them...
tongue.gif

Apr 24, 2008 at 6:18 PM Post #11 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrastique /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BIG con is that they easily break:
2d75zwwin2.jpg

yeah I liked mine when I had them, but they broke there for me too. I knew someone else who had them break too. If they used metal instead of plastic they'd last longer.

Apr 24, 2008 at 6:49 PM Post #12 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by deviationer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah I liked mine when I had them, but they broke there for me too. I knew someone else who had them break too. If they used metal instead of plastic they'd last longer.

Or just better plastic. The Prolines have a similar design and I don't see them break there. It's just a more sturdy build.
When I got these hps (luckily secondhand both times) they were around €200,- retail over here
eek.gif
That's really a lot for what you get, especially considering they will break within a year.

Apr 24, 2008 at 8:40 PM Post #13 of 21
I had these but sold them off as soon as I discovered this site. My older brother also had a pair that broke within the first year of him owning them. The sound isn't great and they are just too unwieldy and heavy even for DJing IMO.

Apr 24, 2008 at 9:16 PM Post #15 of 21
ES7 does look nice, but i think ive made my decision on the AH-D2000 based on the reviews
smily_headphones1.gif
except i cant buy one since im in Iran. i havent seen any sites that ships to Iran, although i havent checked the stores here. guess i have to wait for a few months when i return back to norway

Users who are viewing this thread

Back