sony mdr v55 or the sennheiser 439 or 449
Jul 12, 2012 at 10:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

scaryweb123

New Head-Fier
i have the sony mdr v55 and a fiio e6 amp. i would like to know if i should return the mdr v55 and get either the 439 or the 449. i dont know i that is a good choice. plz help. which has better clarity and good bass..the 439 or the 449?

is the sennheiser worth getting more than the mdr v55. should i return the sony?

Jul 13, 2012 at 1:20 PM Post #3 of 16
Quote:
Go with the Sennheiser HD 439 and return that overpriced junk, and yes these sennheisers will blow those sonys out of the water

alright thank you. the only problem i have with the sony is that i hate the fact that it leaks sound. the only problem with the 439 is the fact that it does not have a really good bass. i listened to it in the shop.

so if i have e6..........will the 439's produce good bass and wont leak sound?

Jul 13, 2012 at 9:49 PM Post #4 of 16
nvm..guys the mdr v55 is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy better than the sennheiser 439. okk i bought both of them and i tried them both with fiio e6..when it goes to okay high levels..not like super bad high level.....the sennheiser 439 just starts to rumble like make this train sound...horrible.....it distorts the bass super badly..everything else is superb..but the bass is just sooooo horible that u will have to stop..it just cracks and makes weird sound....the mdr v55 does not do this..it does not distort at high volume and it is super clear...the only negative with the v55 is that it leaks a litle sound...

Jul 14, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #5 of 16
Quote:
nvm..guys the mdr v55 is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy better than the sennheiser 439. okk i bought both of them and i tried them both with fiio e6..when it goes to okay high levels..not like super bad high level.....the sennheiser 439 just starts to rumble like make this train sound...horrible.....it distorts the bass super badly..everything else is superb..but the bass is just sooooo horible that u will have to stop..it just cracks and makes weird sound....the mdr v55 does not do this..it does not distort at high volume and it is super clear...the only negative with the v55 is that it leaks a litle sound...

Have you given the sennheiser hd 439 time to burn in ? and how is the sony better than the hd 439? is it becuase it has a more impactful bass? and if you consider the bass to be good what about the high and mids were the hd 439 clearly outshines it ? also the bass on the HD 439 when using the bass boost function on the fiio unless you turn the volume extremely high.

Jul 15, 2012 at 4:26 AM Post #6 of 16
Quote:
Have you given the sennheiser hd 439 time to burn in ? and how is the sony better than the hd 439? is it becuase it has a more impactful bass? and if you consider the bass to be good what about the high and mids were the hd 439 clearly outshines it ? also the bass on the HD 439 when using the bass boost function on the fiio unless you turn the volume extremely high.

are you serious. the bass on the v55 was way better meaning when the volume goes high it does not distort. i did this to the 439 and it started to rattle and make a horrible sound. what u mean burn in. it should sound good from the start. and i the cracking and distortion will not go away after burn completely. when i own a pair of headpone...it should have everything perfect..i dont want just highs and mods..the bass should also be clear. if the v55 is sooo bad..then why does it not distort and do anyting close to what the 439 were doing. i am very dissapointed.

Jul 15, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #7 of 16
Quote:
are you serious. the bass on the v55 was way better meaning when the volume goes high it does not distort. i did this to the 439 and it started to rattle and make a horrible sound. what u mean burn in. it should sound good from the start. and i the cracking and distortion will not go away after burn completely. when i own a pair of headpone...it should have everything perfect..i dont want just highs and mods..the bass should also be clear. if the v55 is sooo bad..then why does it not distort and do anyting close to what the 439 were doing. i am very dissapointed.

Bass is 1/3 of the spectrum, so yuo cant say something is better when i only has 1/3 good, the bass you want is boomy and super punchy. and the total harmonic disortion on the hd 439 is less than the sony v55. you listen music too loud and if you dont believe in burn in , dont buy audiophile stuff , buy skull candy aviator they will have the bass you require, and dont compare the rubbish sony v55 to perfection 
and................

Your Brain

Aug 16, 2012 at 1:34 PM Post #11 of 16
Hi, new member here, decided to register after some research. Hopefully this thread isn't dead. Anywho...
I have the Sony's and a friend of mine has the 439's. I have used the 555's. While there was no noticeable difference from my Sony's and the 439's out of my iPod Classic 7g with Rockbox, there was a huge difference from the 555's. The way I see it is that the V55's preform on the same level as the Beats studio (which really are overpriced junk) but with a better midrange response. If your looking for a headphone in the $100 range, the Sony V55 is a fantastic choice. Just my opinion. 

Aug 18, 2012 at 1:24 AM Post #12 of 16
Quote:
Hi, new member here, decided to register after some research. Hopefully this thread isn't dead. Anywho...
I have the Sony's and a friend of mine has the 439's. I have used the 555's. While there was no noticeable difference from my Sony's and the 439's out of my iPod Classic 7g with Rockbox, there was a huge difference from the 555's. The way I see it is that the V55's preform on the same level as the Beats studio (which really are overpriced junk) but with a better midrange response. If your looking for a headphone in the $100 range, the Sony V55 is a fantastic choice. Just my opinion. 

coudnt agree with u more. but the bass on the 439 is horrible and the volume on the 439 is sooo low that u need and amp to here

Aug 19, 2012 at 11:21 PM Post #13 of 16
I got my MDR-V55 for $50 USD in my country.

Oct 16, 2012 at 1:36 PM Post #14 of 16
well, first of all, those two have different sound signatures... sennheisers tend to sound warm, as for sony, they usually sound lively... so you can base your preference from there... they both have great sound stage, the only difference is the other is wider (sennheiser).they're like on the same level, but different category.. i haven't tried the v55, but based on my experiences from sony, they are indeed lively and fun sounding, yet not fatiguing. i own a pair of hd 439, and they are addicting as well!! actually, you might want to get both to satisfy your needs... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back